Baggage Pod - and Motorcycle

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
dunbarst

Baggage Pod - and Motorcycle

Post by dunbarst »

ran across this today:

http://www.motorcyclepilot.com/News.htm

Too bad it is so expensive to get an STC these days. They are apparently trying to get one for a Cirrus and 182. I doubt the low number of Maules out their could ever justify the investment. Still it is a cool idea...if I ever built Bearhawk, I'd be looking at figuring out a fit.

m7flyer

Post by m7flyer »

Who needs a belly pod? The way that bike folded it looks like it could just sit in the back of a Maule with the rear seat removed. I'd like to try it. :D
why drive if you can fly

dunbarst

Post by dunbarst »

I thought that too but didn't want to wreck my back getting it in and out. Some things aren't as easy as they used to be for me

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

There is a mod kit to split a Honda Trail 90 or 110 to go in a plane. I have put them in the M5 by removing the front fork but it is a chore and the split kit is better. However I lost track of who sells it.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

belandd
100+ Posts

Belly Pod

Post by belandd »

My wife says I already have a belly pod and it is hanging over my belt right now.
Silly Billy Charters and Tours
Valdez, AK.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Forty or so years ago my Father removed the plastic skirt from a Honda Super Cub, had it cut in half and plates welded on the cut ends that you bolted together. Used to take the back seat out of a C-182 and take it where you couldn't rent cars. It had Georgia plates of course and collected different state stickers over the years.
One day they had stopped somewhere along the Alcan, (it was gravel back then) and were eating at some little place on the side of the road. They were being watched by two or three tough looking types and they were beginning to get worried. The toughest guy came forward and said "I just wanna know one thing. How did you get that little woman to ride all the way from Georgia on the back of that little thing?" :lol:
The little Honda Super Cub didn't have much power, I can remember running along the side of the thing as a kid because it wouldn't pull us both up the mountains of Kentucky.

bart.hatt

Post by bart.hatt »

I use the replica of the Honda Gorilla or Honda Monkey, it fits at the back of my MX7. Those are only 1,2m long and 0,9m high. Only fits one rider though but at 125cc gets you anywhere at 90kph.
Check out skyteam they are in China but have re-sellers around the globe.
MX7-235