PIREP AlaskaBushwheels 10"Wheels/29"Buffed Airhawk

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
diebroke

PIREP AlaskaBushwheels 10"Wheels/29"Buffed Airhawk

Post by diebroke »

Hi all,

I have followed quite a few threads where some of you were installing this package. I am seriously considering flying my M5 235C to Wup and crew to have these installed along with double puck brakes (Currently single puck with 8.50 X 6).

Looking for the pros and cons now that the honeymoon is over. :lol:

Appreciate the input.

jmtgt
100+ Posts

Re: PIREP AlaskaBushwheels 10"Wheels/29"Buffed Air

Post by jmtgt »

diebroke wrote:Hi all,

I have followed quite a few threads where some of you were installing this package. I am seriously considering flying my M5 235C to Wup and crew to have these installed along with double puck brakes (Currently single puck with 8.50 X 6).

Appreciate the input.
Honeymoon has not ended. Lost about 4-6mph. Not worth changing back and forth to the smaller tires. Softer touch downs, roll outs and taxi in the ruff stuff. I will never go back from the AlaskaBushwheels 10"Wheels/29"Buffed Airhawk. PM me your number and I would be happy to talk to you about it. I have had them for about 2 years now. I stole them off Wup's plane :shock:

diebroke

Post by diebroke »

Excellent! Wow I expected owners would still be in love with em but still honeymoonin. They must be real good.

I purchased an ABI 3224 Tailwheel and the 1.75" Tailwheel spring awhile back and am very pleased. So I really expected nothing less than what you've indicated. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some gotcha I had overlooked.

PM is on the way.

Thanks

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Re: PIREP AlaskaBushwheels 10"Wheels/29"Buffed Air

Post by RobBurson »

jmtgt wrote:
diebroke wrote:Hi all,

Appreciate the input.
Honeymoon has not ended. Lost about 4-6mph. Not worth changing back and forth to the smaller tires. Softer touch downs, roll outs and taxi in the ruff stuff. I will never go back from the AlaskaBushwheels 10"Wheels/29"Buffed Airhawk. PM me your number and I would be happy to talk to you about it. I have had them for about 2 years now. I stole them off Wup's plane :shock:
I agree with John. I have them and will not ever put the 8.50 back on.

Rob

beaver

Post by beaver »

I run both these and 31" bushwheels, have for over 2 years. wouldn't even consider 8.50's. the 10" ABI wheels and 29" tires are not even close to the alaska bushwheels in ride and terrain ability but significantly better than the 8.50's.

single biggest advantage is increased angle of attack with plane sitting on the ground.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

On mine, the loss in speed is more like 10 mph at high power cruise, you know firewalled and 2300 RPM and almost nothing when the power is pulled way back. Mine are "unbuffed". I just bought new tires and don't see the disadvantage, but I don't do rocks, I do sand.