Spin training

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Milehigh, thanks for the education.

Cheers...Rob

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

RobBurson wrote:.

Every time the M7 would break HARD! left and start rotating left. It would take a quarter turn to the left before I could get it to recover.

I've taken my M5 all over in the stall regime and never had a wing drop. Even tried to get it to bite me by using ailerons right in the middle of the stall buffet and it just didn't drop a wing. The ailerons were still effective.

I'm wondering about the rigging on your airplane... Does anyone else get a wing dropping when a stall developes?

Kirk

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Kirk wrote: I'm wondering about the rigging on your airplane... Does anyone else get a wing dropping when a stall developes?

Kirk

Depends on where the power is, if it's high, then yes, she will try to rotate to the left, and you had better be quick with your feet. Power off, no. Actually power off it won't really "break" into a stall, but close to full power, and it will really get your attention :shock: That's an early model M-6, not a 7. I would imagine there may be some differences between models.

Ranny

VGs on tail

Post by Ranny »

Can anyone tell me what "VGs on tail" are?

TomD
100+ Posts

VGs

Post by TomD »

Can anyone tell me what "VGs on tail" are?
The M5 Micro VG stc calls for VG tabs on the bottom of the horizontal stab to improve elevator authority.

Gap seal made a bigger difference.

TD