Maule electronic manuals change to ATP

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
Njacko
100+ Posts

Re: Maule electronic manuals change to ATP

Post by Njacko »

I would offer another vote of thanks to the factory not just for their parts service but for the whole customer and Maule-owner experience, including the technical assistance which they offer in this forum and by email/phone.

It’s a huge part of the brand loyalty which I feel for our very special airplanes.
MX-7-180 N280SA

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Maule Parts is great. I'm not a fan of the switch to ATP for manuals but I understand that this is likely an economic move to shift away some costs and improve the bottom line. The problem that it creates for owners and Maule is that manuals are a lot more expensive now and customer loyalty is diminished. I recommend that Maule reconsider and just raise the prices on the manuals to offset the costs. As just about all the owners on the forum have said, one of the main things that Maule owners love about Maule is that they feel a part of the family. That makes owners loyal and more likely to use Maule for parts, modifications, service and new aircraft. It's tough to quantify that kind of thing when you are calculating the bottom line since it can take a long time to realize the benefits and other factors can interfere with the metrics. By raising the cost of manuals and selling them directly, Maule would achieve both benefits - offsetting costs and increasing customer loyalty.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

Quadrider13

Post by Quadrider13 »

I guess I just have bad luck in general. I've been waiting since April 19th for parts from maule, took 3 weeks just to get a answer on the phone, that was after leaving 6 voicemails, 4 emails later . Finally got Brent on the phone and he wasn't the least bit interested in helping out. "Parts lady will be back tomorrow.". Finally get a call a week later. Got the part I really needed shipped out overnight with out my request. ($50 part,$70 shipping). Received the part next day, was the wrong one . Thank God the older gentleman in the back actually answered the phone and sent out the right part that day. Still waiting on the rest of my order. I was trying to give them benefit of the crazy times we're in but 3 months is getting unacceptable. I sweat bullets and feel terrible if I don't call one of my customers back after a hour of the missed call. I also bought my parts manual from atp after maule said they no longer sell the cd. $67 charged to my card and all I get is a "trial subscription" when I try to log in .. 3 calls to atp support and still haven't been resolved

norcal64d
100+ Posts

Post by norcal64d »

Quadrider13 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:20 pm
I guess I just have bad luck in general. I've been waiting since April 19th for parts from maule, took 3 weeks just to get a answer on the phone, that was after leaving 6 voicemails, 4 emails later . Finally got Brent on the phone and he wasn't the least bit interested in helping out. "Parts lady will be back tomorrow.". Finally get a call a week later. Got the part I really needed shipped out overnight with out my request. ($50 part,$70 shipping). Received the part next day, was the wrong one . Thank God the older gentleman in the back actually answered the phone and sent out the right part that day. Still waiting on the rest of my order. I was trying to give them benefit of the crazy times we're in but 3 months is getting unacceptable. I sweat bullets and feel terrible if I don't call one of my customers back after a hour of the missed call. I also bought my parts manual from atp after maule said they no longer sell the cd. $67 charged to my card and all I get is a "trial subscription" when I try to log in .. 3 calls to atp support and still haven't been resolved
You're not the only one, I also had a very difficult time getting anyone on the phone or email this summer and when the order shipped, they send me the wrong hinge pins.
Tim
1991 MX-7-180

MobileandMonitoring

Post by MobileandMonitoring »

Out of curiosity what do you get exactly from ATP when you order digital manual? I'm assuming it's a web portal that requires an internet connection? Can you download anything in say PDF format for offline use? Has anyone priced it out?
1982 M-6-235. Social Media and Website