newbie wgt/balance placards etc questions

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
cj8vet

newbie wgt/balance placards etc questions

Post by cj8vet »

I am about to take my IR ck ride so I am prepping for all the technical questions-supposedly this DE has alot of maule time so I figure he will either be very easy or very picky
so here are my questions-
placards--where does it state which tank config. I have? or is just assumed due to quantities?
21.5/15.
2-front seat max cargo load of 170-- i assume that is with seat out and then does that mean I cant have a passenger >170?? no way...
2- area B -max load-350-- so even if wgt/balance work out no 2-200lb men(or women :-))
3-any other maule tech. "gotchas" re my IR ck ride I should look out for?
thanks
mark
mxt-180
cj8vet
mark richardson
MXT-180
N234PP

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Your acft flight manual and acft equipment list will specify what tanks you have in acft, and placards marking quantities will reflect that. The TCDS also will state what tanks optional for various models, if not stated on the equipment list. The cargo weights referred too are the weights the floorboards will support, not what the seats will support. The seats are welded and bolted to the acft structure and I know of no limits on them other then remaining in the W&B envelope...

Biggest thing regarding acft on the checkride is be familiar with the acft systems, fuel - flight controls - electric - W&B, mainly in general terms of what's in the system and basically how systems interface.

GOOD LUCK on your ride!
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

for your fuel decals ..... if You got the 12.5/15 tanks ,it should read that you have fuel config 'C' and the decal should be installed right above the indicators.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

OK, I'm stupid. What's an IR checkride? Instruments?

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Idiot Redundency Checkride...that when you have 2 pilots in the airplane and each one takes turns saying "hey yall watch this" and tries to out do the other one. :lol:

Yeah, IR normally stands for Instrument Rating :wink:
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

I believe my fuel quantities are stated on the wing below the fuel cap. I have AUX tanks as well. 21.5 + aux 15 per wing.
Check your POH and mark the appropriate pages.
LOWFLYBYE idiot redundancy :lol: :lol: We don't need 2 people in the plane for that in CA. We got some foreign students who don't really speak english and the controllers have RPG's armed and ready when one of them enters the pattern :twisted:
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

QUESTION
How many Maule pilots have diligently read their
Pilot Operaters Handbook,
Lycoming Engine Operaters Handbook,
Maule Maintainance Manual,
from cover to cover as if attempting to pass the ppl flight test?

There is a LOT of information in those books.

For those contemplating a Maule flight or ownership, the manuals can be printed from MauleAirInc website, and the Lyc book can be purchased from Lycoming for about $25.00

Not being picky but in a tight situation, understanding the systems and engine operation will help save a life or two.

Maybe this should have it's own thread.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

Mark,
Congratulations on getting an IFR endoresment :!: 8)
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

cj8vet

Post by cj8vet »

Thanks Bill. When do we hear about the Mtn Flying Class?
mark
cj8vet
mark richardson
MXT-180
N234PP