Landing with Back Seats full?

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
xcflyn

Post by xcflyn »

Well that's certainly good to hear. A good ending to a not so good beginning. Thank you for the follow up

Brenton C
100+ Posts

Post by Brenton C »

Thanks, XC'

You know a friend of mine (a career commercial pilot) thought I should submit this issue for approval as an AD -- that perhaps after tail first landings, or whatever, we ought to be all jacking our back ends up, and testing the swivel ability of our tail wheels.

Of course I didn't want to make trouble for Maulers near and far. But I expect I'll be doing this whenever I have a hard slam down on my tail wheel or after I get a violent shimmy back there. FWIW!

xcflyn

Post by xcflyn »

I did exactly that, jacked it up, checked it all out and traveled down to my local Home Depot for a new Lucas heavy duty Grease gun and grease just to be sure I don't have the same issue ! You probably have or will save someone who reads this the same misfortune. Thank you for your post !

Brenton C
100+ Posts

Post by Brenton C »

xcflyn wrote:I did exactly that, jacked it up, checked it all out and traveled down to my local Home Depot for a new Lucas heavy duty Grease gun and grease just to be sure I don't have the same issue ! You probably have or will save someone who reads this the same misfortune. Thank you for your post !
I sure hope so. I pomdered giving up flying. Fortunatley there were two things: this supportive and knowledgeable community, and a consumate expert instuctor willing to drive up from Montana.

There's no substitute for either!