M7-260

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Also a person can buy two cars for the price of just one engine...
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Henry L. Heaberlin
100+ Posts

M7-260

Post by Henry L. Heaberlin »

Doc: It gets back to the rule of numbers (of production)... Pick any model Hyundai and I would about guarantee that there are 100 times as many built in a year than All Lycomings produced in a year. Sadly we are flying what to most manufacturers is a boutique market product. Because of that, very little innovation or change makes it past the hurdle of the FAA... Sad but true. I wish it were not so. Take care. Henry

John Ashcroft
100+ Posts

Post by John Ashcroft »

I flew a bonanza for many years lop you can learn a lot through Advanced Pilot Seminars you can do it online, send me a pm and I will send you a PowerPoint presentation on lop ops, produced by these guys. The guys at Gami will work with you to get everything running right. A multi probe Cht/egt isa great tool for lop, helps you manage the spread, lop ops great for your engine either lop or well rop 125 plus rop. Let me know and I will send you some details
Last edited by John Ashcroft on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbowen

Post by rbowen »

In addition to John's kind offer, those with a curiosity about LOP operations can do a bit of reading and get about 80% of what you'd learn going to the APS course. Here's the source:

Google AVweb. At Avweb's website, enter in its search box -- Pelican's Perch. Scroll down to John Deakin's articles #63 through #66. Time sink warning: there are lots of articles by John and all are great reading, but they can get you hooked! (Ever curious about how a B-29 handles? ...or a Zero? It's all there.)