spins

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
Bob Leve

spins

Post by Bob Leve »

I know that intentional spins are not allowed with an M-5 Maule, but I am curious if anyone knows how they spin and assuming one uses the usual opposite rudder and yoke forward technique, how much altitude is lost with one rotation. Also, about how many G's are pulled in the recovery. Is there much difference with flaps or without. I assume that one doesn't want to do a spin recovery with full flaps for risk of exceeding the speed limits. Any advice is appreciated.

By the way this site is really wonderful for us new to the Maule so thank you Christine (?) or whoever for maintaining it.
Bob Leve

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Jeremy could probably tell you a bit about that one...
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

What in the world would you want to do that for?

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

$h*t happens, always be prepaired for anything.
What in the world would you want to do that for?

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I have'nt spun a Maule in many many years and have no idea how much altitude is lost, I just remember it being a non event, as in it seemed to come out by itself.
I have placed the later 180hp (lighter nose) models in the usual spin entry condition and again it righted itself. If you get into that situation inadvertantently in a Maule, you'd either be in IMC or too close to the ground, or unconcious or dead all ready with the seat back broken off and a death grip on the yoke.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide