M4 210C # 1079C SL # 15 up gross weight mod to 2300 lbs

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
Hanskuck

M4 210C # 1079C SL # 15 up gross weight mod to 2300 lbs

Post by Hanskuck »

Hi all, I am installing the up gross weight kit re SL # 15 in the above a/c.

Can anyone please explain how and why this mod increases GTW by 200 lbs ?

How and when do I use it ?

cheers
Hans :)
Hans Kuck
P.O.Box 2212
Sechelt BC Canada V0N 3A0

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

If you read the airplane flight manual supplement for this SL which is available on the Maule Website, they're saying the only place to use the rudder trim is during Take Off... As to why this gives you a gross weight increase (installing rudder trim) I would venture to say because whoever the fed was that was doing test flight program either had a weak RH Leg, didn't know what rudders were for, or car 3 certification required it as interpretted by test flight people? I've seen same thing on other GW Increases such as the Kenmore Cessna 180 vertical change, which requires the bungee rudder sys installed, and according to Kenmore, FAA inspector wanted to fly their test platform with feet flat on floor? To justify giving the GW Incr, they have to change something?
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

mine has it... I never move the rudder trim...
Iceman

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

At the time of approval for SL#15, the FSDO was populated by Knomes and they knew A LOT more about how to increase the gross weight. :wink:

The short answer is it doesn't do a damn thing. The long answer I'm sure is buried somewhere in the back door politics when 'Ol BD sat down with the Fed guy and said something innapropriate and wholly effective. :shock:
Live it like its your last day.

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

YELLOWMAULE wrote:At the time of approval for SL#15, the FSDO was populated by Knomes and they knew A LOT more about how to increase the gross weight. :wink:
That's probably it!! HA! HA! HA! Can't breath!!! :lol:
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.