Ground based oxygen tank use in the Maule

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
donknee
100+ Posts

Post by donknee »

Sorry, I'm not sure on the size right now. I did not get the electronic "economizer" system. I have the needle valve regulator with both the cannula and mask. I'm real pleased with the system. It came with a case for the tank that securely buckles to the back of a front seat and unbuckles to have refilled or to stow. I like the manifold on top of the tank for each ox line, it is real obvious how it connects and easy. Mostly I like the comfort factor when flying over the Cascades, Rockies or Siskyous.
1976 M5-235-C

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

David, Thank you for all the details anwsering my questions. One of the major differences between the Sky Ox and the Mountain High system is electronic control of the O2, automatic vs Self adjusted O2 flow. Don, Do you find the Moutain High system supplies adequate O2 as altitude increases ? Have you ever had the chance to compare? I realize this is a relative subject but I would be interested since David brought up the flexibility to increase O2 as needed.
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

one last note on tanks.
The tall tank I have will stand up perfectly in the middle of the seats and to the rear and the regulator is just behind your shoulder. I think they made this tank for a Maule

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

Thanks Don, I think I will go analog, even though I worked in the semiconductor industry for 30 years (call me a control freak) O2 is something I would like to control. It sure is nice to be able to pick the brains of guys who have been there!
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

donknee
100+ Posts

Post by donknee »

On the MH system, each O2 line has a control needle valve, so you can control the flow independently. I don't fly up in the 20's, so I don't know if you would be taxing the system. I was told they made a high quality system and I wanted one right now...so I flew down to Redmond and got one. I'm sure you won't go wrong with any of them. I did some comparisons online and this looked good.
1976 M5-235-C