Source for NAS Bolts?

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
James

Source for NAS Bolts?

Post by James »

Hello Maule Pilots,
Is there a source for NAS 6606-38D bolts? Aircraft Spruce doesn’t have them and cannot get them either. These bolts are used for the main gear attachment fittings on the fuselage. I use the NAS 6606-21 bolts for the oleo struts that really take some stress in off field operations. Spruce does have the NAS 6606-21 bolts avaialble.

I can go with AN6-27 D bolts but would rather have the close tolerance stronger NAS bolts. Anyway I plan on removing my skis and reinstalling the AKB heavy duty gear and 29’ Airhawks next weekend. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James
Spokane

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

James we stock all those in a kit.... 8)

James

Just the bolts.

Post by James »

Hey Wup,
Thanks for the reply, and I have purchased your Maule gear hardware kit before. The Alaska Bushwheel Heavy Duty Maule Gear is holding up great too. However, I replace this gear hardware so often that I was just looking for a more affordable option for the NAS 6606-38D bolts only.

PS: Hope to see you down at Big Bar this spring. The Idaho side of Hells Canyon is infested with those huge imported “Canadian Coyotes”.

James
Spokane

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

James-

We can do just the -38 bolts if you need, you don't have to get the full kit.