Off airport landing school.

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
usernameguy

Off airport landing school.

Post by usernameguy »

Hey everyone, I just started an official school for off airport operations. I have been teaching it for a while, but typically in owners own airplanes. I am now using an M5 210 on 31's and also doing Bushwheel demos in an M7 235 on 35's. I would love any referrals that anyone would be willing to give. There is still some more work to be done on the sight, but the critical stuff is there.

The website is www.learntolandshort.com

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Nice!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

usernameguy

Post by usernameguy »

Thanks!

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Loved the HD video. What kind of HD camera were you using and how did you mount it on the airplane? I've been looking at various HD cameras but none of them have everything that I want.

What do you do about insurance with off-airport landings? My policy won't cover them.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Mine does, but it's commercial policy and I pay for it $$$$...
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Ya got two screws out of your strut cuff....LOL...all maules do

If I were in your shoes I would prepare a package for the insurance companies to give a discount on policies if they (pilots) successfully complete your course. This will help both you and them. You will have to focus on the areas where the insurance companies lose money.
I would also make schedules that took me around the country close to your appointments. Many pilots cannot or will not travel far from home. Of course you will need to schedule in advance or you will waste money.
If someone calls you from say Tenbucktoo and wants your service you can say come on up or down and if you gather three or four more of your friend I will come to you.