Gas Tank Unusual Pressure

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
touchandgo

Gas Tank Unusual Pressure

Post by touchandgo »

Has anyone experienced positive pressure on the main fuel tank(s) after landing when fuel was transferred from the aux tanks in flight. Over the past two years I have experienced a few anomolies with the fuel system, positive pressure in the mains, once had a vacuum on a main, one incident of draw down of fuel from one main and not the other with the tank selector in both. Looking for other's experiences, not sure if my tank or gas cap is venting properly or is there a technique for transferring fuel.

Layne

Post by Layne »

I regularly transfer with long flights and have had no issues. You may have a cap issue? I replace my caps on all the aircraft I have had whenever they show ware, gasket depletion, or they have been beat by some wonderful FBO. After having lost fuel during a flight in a 172 due to bad gasket they have become well looked at before I go up. Plus they are cheap. Call Brian at Maule and he can set up.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

touchandgo, do a search on this site re fuel...tanks, pumps, vents, caps etc. I have described operations, system, and troubleshooting a number of times.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide