Old pilot - new guy

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
Layne

Old pilot - new guy

Post by Layne »

New to the site. Figured I should wait until I successfuly owned a Maule for 2years before I logged on. I have read lots on the forum. As long as I don't talk about spinning a Maule or stupid cubs I should be safe. I look forward to throwing a few questions around to you accomplished Maule drivers.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Welcome aboard.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Mathew Sharp

Post by Mathew Sharp »

Hi!

Matt
EI TECH SUPPORT
Electronics International Inc.
www.buy-ei.com

Layne

Thanks.

Post by Layne »

Thanks for the welcome Jeremy and Matt. Looked at a few of your photos Jeremy, very impressive.
Every-time I go out and climb into my Maule and it ignores to use the other nine tenths of the runway and it thinks circuit height starts at the end of the red lights, it makes me smile like a kid. However, it also teaches me something every time I fly it. I admit, I may have head nodded a time or two with my other aircraft, with the Maule, I haven't even sat on the seat. I love it!

Skystrider
100+ Posts

Post by Skystrider »

So Layne, tell us about your Maule. Year, model, etc.

By the way, welcome!
1980 Maule M5-180C
Rod Hatcher

DavidCaswell

Post by DavidCaswell »

Ft. St. John, eh?

Wow! What a perfect location to fly that perfect airplane!!
N131CP

Layne

Post by Layne »

Flying a 235C M7 2000. Fitted with 31" AB's and AB tail wheel.They work great! Two different aircraft. Calm on the landings and seemed to even take out a few twitches in flight. Extra drag I guess.
Yes, works great in the "great white North". Still, I am one the very few that have one here. Spent the weekend back up in the rocks working low along a few rivers and water falls. Stopped in a visited lots of hunters, many from the US trying their luck.
We are still taking advantage of many of the strips built by the US during the build of the Alaska highway. Even over grown you could still land a Maule sideways on many of them, eh.