Bush flying simulator in Anchorage

Discuss topics related to technique, procedures, and idiosyncrasies of Maule aircraft.
Kirk
100+ Posts

Bush flying simulator in Anchorage

Post by Kirk »

Just heard about a full motion PA-18 simulator in Anchorage, AK that sounds like a really good program by Medallion Foundation. Some co-workers of mine used it and gave it high marks.

It has large LCD screens that wrap around, giving a top notch visual display, along with full motion. The whole setup looks very nice and they have programmed all the major passes in Alaska in so that you can "fly" them VFR and then refly with varying levels of visibility and ceiling.

They also claim it to have sufficient motion and visual to be used in training for judging approaches and landings so you can fine tune speed and glide path techniques.

It's not a Maule, but it sure seems that a few sessions in that program would be beneficial.

Here's the link:

http://www.medallionfoundation.org/

Kirk

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

+1!
I've spent a couple of hours on this as we set up the Airfair in Palmer last year. Both my son and myself had a ball with this. The best part is it's free (The best word in the English language 8) )! It's fully programable, full range motion and weather. Very convincing.
Just call the Medalion number and schedule a time. Very rarely is it booked.
Thanks for brining this out in the open Kirk. Unfortunately, it's a well kept secret.
Live it like its your last day.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I've been thinking about scheduling some time on it while my bird is still down.