Palmer Swap Meet & Seminars

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Palmer Swap Meet & Seminars

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

CLEAN OUT YOUR HANGAR/GARAGE!
Aviation & Outdoor gear SWAP MEET, Saturday, Aug. 1st, 9am-5pm at the Forestry Hangar 101 Airport Way, Palmer. $25 donation for swap meet tables, FAA Short Field Clinic, Safety & Survival seminars, 99’s short field clinics, Search & Rescue Basics, Free PA-18 Super Cub Medallion Foundation’s Flight Simulator & Static Displays. Is your aircraft for sale? Bring it! Drive in or fly in, fun for the whole family & FREE!
Contact 746-2290 for more information (Artic Air Academy)

Found this flyer today in Wasilla and heard it on the radio too so I guess it's oficial now. I've "flown" the Medallion's PA-18 sim, it's a three-axis sim that'll get your stomach going if your not careful! :oops: It takes a while too to get used to heel brakes.
When is someone going to make a Maule Simulator?
Live it like its your last day.

MikeW
100+ Posts

Post by MikeW »

Kurt,

I'm going to try and make that. I've got a few things to "swap/sell" as well.

Saw a group of Belugas chasing fish into the mouth of the Big Su this morning...I think the silvers might be here

Mike

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

I'm headed down the West side of the Inlet tonight to see if those whales of yours are in fact heralding the arrival of my favorite fishery! I'm even giving up some time from a from stone work at the house. :roll: Hopefully, I'll get that project done before freeze up!
I'll be at the Forestry hangar early Saturday. Contact Ken Moore at flyartic@gmail.com for a table space.
Supposedly, as of last night, I was told a Herc & a C17 will be there, the Museum is bringing the Reliant, a Goose, Widgeon and maybe the L-2. A locally owned Howard DGA will be there for sale, a DC-3 or two so I think it'll be a good turnout.
I'll most likely have the Peril off to one side, so look me up!

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

There's a Maule or two on Microsoft Flight Simulater X deluxe.
You can fly up onto Denali with me.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I'm going to try to make it up but I've been driving to the Valley three times/week to work on the plane. I may be hard to convince I need to do it on Saturday as well!

FYI to anyone who cares, Advanced Powder Coating in Big Lake has done an excellent job on the parts I have taken them and charged probably $80 less than the powder coater here in Anchorage. Fast too!

I went to pick up my rudder last week and someone had brought in a 75mm M-116 PACK to be powdercoated!! Now there is a fun toy!

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Update:
As of the last meeting this afternoon, the new Lt Gov., General Campbell, will be making his first public appearance, we have a C17 coming in, the Museum is bringing in a number of really cool aircraft and the vendor list is shaping up really big. The airport manager said he hopes based on feed back, we only have numbers of attendees in the hundreds...... not the thousands because we're not ready for that! Haha!
Bring it!
Keep in mind that this is a concilitory event in preparation for a Valdez style fly-in that will be done next year. We didn't have time to pull it off this year.
And Jeff, you're right, Advanced is a first rate outfit!

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

now if only palmer had a float pond.........
M5-235