jc misshap

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
belandd
100+ Posts

JC

Post by belandd »

Messed up a nice Stinson

Always hope no one got hurt.
Silly Billy Charters and Tours
Valdez, AK.

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

Don didn't get a scratch.
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

Wada ya mean young folks!!!!!!!! Been goin up there for 10 years and I can still camp out in the cold with the best of em... You , Bill, have got to be more prepared!!!!! That woosie little cot tent you had just doesn't get it... Get a damned decent tent and you won't freeze... Also get a Wiggy's sleeping bag... I woke up a couple nights sweatin... The only hard part is gettin dressed in the morning at 40 degrees or colder.. and then the run to the outhouse.... :lol: Got back yesterday afternoon at 3:30 .. Did three new strips this year... Graham, Big Bar and Mackay Bar... also hit Sulphur Ck<Upper loon Caught a 20 inch Cutthroat at Upper Loon......Big Bar was a challenge... Sharp left turn to short final over the Snake and a bumpy strip with "Whoop De DOos" just itching to relaunch you... I landed three times and stopped once.. :D Great to see Mark and Kitty again.. You guys are great friends who I feel blessed to have met... Good to talk to Rob again.. Hope all goes well with retirement...and of course Jeremy...Always great seeing you up there...
Iceman

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

iceman wrote:Wada ya mean young folks!!!!!!!! Been goin up there for 10 years and I can still camp out in the cold with the best of em... You , Bill, have got to be more prepared!!!!! That woosie little cot tent you had just doesn't get it... Get a damned decent tent and you won't freeze... Also get a Wiggy's sleeping bag... I woke up a couple nights sweatin... The only hard part is gettin dressed in the morning at 40 degrees or colder.. and then the run to the outhouse.... :lol: Got back yesterday afternoon at 3:30 .. Did three new strips this year... Graham, Big Bar and Mackay Bar... also hit Sulphur Ck<Upper loon Caught a 20 inch Cutthroat at Upper Loon......Big Bar was a challenge... Sharp left turn to short final over the Snake and a bumpy strip with "Whoop De DOos" just itching to relaunch you... I landed three times and stopped once.. :D Great to see Mark and Kitty again.. You guys are great friends who I feel blessed to have met... Good to talk to Rob again.. Hope all goes well with retirement...and of course Jeremy...Always great seeing you up there...
I knew that "old folks" would tweak you!
If memory serves you were the guy who at 10AM said, " I am still cold" :lol:

I'll buy the fact that for June it was unusually cold (below freezing) and I'll even give you the point that there were some youthful Popsicle's still in sleeping bags at 9:00AM. It was 9:45AM before the idea of moving aircraft to the other side of the field to melt off the ice on the wings via sunlight. Trust me folks it was COLD. The only airplanes that took off were parked on that side of the field. :D

Congrats on the new strips conquered and the fish caught. I am glad you had such a great vacation!
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

40 degrees?!? That is like shorts weather up here! :lol:

jmtgt
100+ Posts

Post by jmtgt »

crbnunit wrote:40 degrees?!? That is like shorts weather up here! :lol:
Ice and Hornet are old guys that like to think they are tough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TomD
100+ Posts

Mornings

Post by TomD »

In defense of the OF's at J'creek.

When I moved my plane to the other side about 6:45AM the temp was dead on 30F ( The Alleve wears off about the same time the bleeping robin starts singing outside my tent) .

Now I know it is not in the "walked ten miles to school through 10 ft snow drifts with a pack of wolves baying at my heels" category but it was right nippy and the frost on the wings and stabs did put a "chill" on the morning flying.

For those who don't want to pop the $$ for a -40F sleeping bag, you might want to pick up a silk or caprilene sleeping bag liner. This liner adds about 15F to your bag's capabilities and can be removed or you can just sleep in it on warm nights.

Cheers.

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

Yeah it was a bit colder than 40 over night... I forgot about the ice on the wings but I didn't forget about the damn Robin.... Coulda shot that son of a gun... Started at 5 AM every morning...and Yeah i am a bit older than most on here but Growing up on the lower east side of Manhattan, doing two years as a cop in NY and 8 in San diego fightin drunks and N'er do wells sort of puts a crust on you so that younger smart farts,like John, :wink: think you're a grouchy old fart... The toughness just sorta comes from the life experiences... :lol:
Iceman

jmtgt
100+ Posts

Post by jmtgt »

When ya get old Butch ya cannot read either..lol I said you THOUGHT you were tough!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you had a good time. :D

Dokmow

Grupy old guys!

Post by Dokmow »

Ahem.... if you grumpy old guys stop showing up, it won't be near as much fun pretending I wasn't cold. :wink: It was nice to meet you guys!

Erick the dog walker
M5-235C N9009E
My SPOT page

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

good to talk to you Eric and your wife... Can't beat a lab. I;m getting another Yellow in 8 weeks... He was born last friday and I have pick of the boys....Butch :lol:
Iceman

SkyMaule
100+ Posts

Post by SkyMaule »

We got back home last night. Kitty and I both said it was the best vacation we have ever had. So nice to see people we met last year and meet wonderful new people. Just wish there was more time......... Thanks to all of you for making our trip what it was. Butch, thanks for the kind words. Wished we'd gotten some fishin' in!

Mark and Kitty
1975 Maule M5-210C

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

well there's always next year, God willing, and by the way I did put that 20 inch Trout back so he'll be there for you next year Mark....
Iceman

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Re: Grupy old guys!

Post by Green Hornet »

Dokmow wrote:Ahem.... if you grumpy old guys stop showing up, it won't be near as much fun pretending I wasn't cold. :wink: It was nice to meet you guys!

Erick the dog walker
Not to worry Erik this grumpy old guy will be there until I get it right. :lol:
New sleeping bag, big ass tent, or maybe I'll stay at the flying B and fly over to see how the people who don't get cold are doing :lol:
It was good to meet you and the rest of you folks on Maule.org.
No matter what is said we had one hell of a turn out by Maule pilots with their Maule aircraft. I hope Maule flyins in Idaho, Utah, and other states become the envy of all the other wannabe groups. :wink:
I had a great time and look forward to doing it again! Maule's Rule!
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

MauleWacko
100+ Posts

Post by MauleWacko »

:o
Last edited by MauleWacko on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.