Alaska Flyins - Valdez

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

When you take the first three places in anything, you done good. Congragulations. Were there no long winged Maules, you know 6's and stuff?

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

M-4 210c, new engine, 76" McCauley 2-blade prop, gap seals, VG's
15/40/.... :roll: flap ratchet, original 40 year Razor back with evidence of 6 different paint jobs, all original interior complete with factory aluminum trim, 8.50 tires double puck clevelands and a "Paper" weight of 1320# :lol:
Basically all stock, run what 'ya brung and fly it like you stole it!
Live it like its your last day.

SkyMaule
100+ Posts

Post by SkyMaule »

UP-M5 wrote:1st place: M5-210c
2nd place: M5-235c
3rd place : M4-210c

"no fat chicks" bumper sticker.
couple things:

1. I love the bumper sticker!
2. Love to see those 210's kickin butt!
1975 Maule M5-210C

chetharris
100+ Posts

Post by chetharris »

Mine is a relatively stock m-5 210c. It has been sitting out at Big Lake, about 60 miles from my home, for nearly three years. To get it back in the air I added a fresh out of the box Lycon engines rebuild: ported and polished, flow matched, a little work on the cam. I only have about 35 hours on it, but it purrs and it roars. I have a stock 74" prop, and I want to change that. I am told over and over by those who have played with props that this is ridiculoulsly short for this engine and horsepower. Please help us 210 drivers find a longer prop. I have vgs, gap seals, and a certain flap mod that Kurt alludes to --mostly stock. I have 31" Bushwheels, which have added a layer of safety to my off airport operations, and I look forward to a rumored exteneded gear.

There was one at least one m-6 there. A few other Maules that did not compete. It would be nice to see more Maules participate.

I can not encourage folks enough: come to Valdez for this event. It is very well run and just so much fun. Thanks to the organizers, volunteers, and sponsors. I will post some pictures on the other post a little later.
Last edited by chetharris on Tue May 12, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

Chet you and your Bomber also placed in the Flower bombing and I have your winnings and need an adress to send them to you!

SkyMaule
100+ Posts

Post by SkyMaule »

You guys did great. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing with us. If you have any video, I hope you post it. Can you share your technique?

Mark
1975 Maule M5-210C

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I think the technique was Roadkill , Redwine and Whiskey, from the tests I administered.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I think the technique was Roadkill , Redwine and Whiskey, from the tests we administered later.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

AFTER THE FACT of course! :lol: 8)
Glad you joined us Jeremy. Anyone who can put up with our deterious diet and tasteless libations and still find room to laugh about it long into the night is always welcome!
Funny thing, the Cub crowd had relatively spartan accomodations, a true testament to usefull load. Lite beer and freeze dried food my ass!
Live it like its your last day.

fairbanksflyer

Post by fairbanksflyer »

Now that Valdez is over, what's the next event to look forward to? Would still like to meet some of you at a gathering.