Summer 2009 BCP 4th Annual Summer Fly-in at Johnson Creek

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.

Will you come?

>75% chance I'll come
46%
50 50 chance
14%
< 50% chance I'll come
39%

Total votes: 28

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Re: J'creek

Post by RobBurson »

TomD wrote:Does anyone happen to know if the WiFi is up and running at J'Creek?

I wanted to configure my laptop before coming over...weather reports etc., and the WiFi really helps.

Is there a contact for the "keepers" at J'Creek?

Thanx
Tom
Working great. Fast too! Get down by the web cam for the best signal.

Rob

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

This report is from last week at the SuperCub fly in.

The wx looks good for us this weekend. I'll have a name tag on so please introduce yourself to me if I don't ask.

Remember bring a, trade a micro brew if ya want to play along. We are going to throw them in some ice and try something different Saturday night.

I will be leaving tomorrow June 25th at 6AM stop in Joseph for breakfast and coffee with ABE. Then on to JC. I should be there by noon.

Jeremy has been there since the 18th I think.

June 17-22

The trip started good. The weather was going down hill so I made sure to get out Friday morning. I hit Indian Cr, Thomas Cr, Mahoney, and the Flying B. The B is a great spot for back country luxury. Only way in, hike, horse, or plane. $160.00 a night gets you 3 hots and a cot. Really the meals are way better than average and the cabins are very nice. The B does not advertise other than word of mouth.

Saturday I stayed on the ground and watched the show, and what a show it was over 100 planes coming and going. I must be old, because them Cessna 180/185 things with the loud props SUCK. The 1st one sounds cool, after that it is get my gun. Do you think they will dial the prop back a little, NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Just like the Harley crowd. So freeking loud and you don't even get the whole affect in the plane. This is one reason people try to ban airplanes.

All the SuperCub guys and gals were, super, well what did you expect, they fly super planes.

Wup and the whole Alaska Bushwheel family were there. They trucked in a huge amount of camping gear and food. If anybody needs a Beaver or Turbine Otter ABW is it. Bill and Dianna made us oysters and kabobs over the camp fire. The real professional camp mooch, me, got breakfast too. :D Bill made us morning coffee too. Now don't y'all need some of them big Bushwheels.

The wifi that mauleace and a bunch of us here helped with is great. When the weather went down and some sucd ran to get out, I'm sure the internet weather helped them. Here is the link too how the wifi came to be.
http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/v ... =20&t=2775

They were more than SuperCubs there. I saw Bonanza, Cessna, Beaver, Beech Stagger wing, RVs, Maule, Glass Star, Bush Hawk, Bear Hawk and some I don't know.

Arrival
Camp
Oyster feed
Sun
Rain
Snow
If you didn't like the wx just wait 5 minutes.
More pictures.
http://picasaweb.google.com/robburson/J ... directlink

Cheers...Rob

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

The Green Hornet is at Johnson Creek for the first time and of course nobody was watching but I made on off my very rare beautiful landings :lol: I have video hopefully to prove it...
I am waiting for you all to show up :D Believe it or not the place is filling up fast. The cubs had 118 airplanes according to Paul.
Today is beautiful tomorrow maybe not.
CYA
Bill
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

TomD
100+ Posts

J'creek

Post by TomD »

On the ground at J'creek using the WiFi.

Winds up a bit this afternoon but severe clear.

See ya'll here.

TD

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

Tom,
I'm looking for you :D
Bill
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Everybody there was GREAT!!

Next year this will be the BCP/MaulePilots.org fly in. We had tons of Maules!

Thanks Paul and Bev. You have the grounds looking spectacular.

The potluck and micro brew gathering went off with military special ops precision. Thanks Mark and Kitty for hosting. After dinner at the camp fire Jeremy talked to us about how we all need to promote flying or it will die out for private pilots. We discussed how we all need to be involved with Idaho Aviation Association, Utah Back Country Pilots. We need to donate or join IAA because they keep the Idaho strips open.

Brian AKA piperpainter, and Adam came rippen and slippen in, in his Mooney. That boy can fly. They had to leave early to return to military duty I think.

taildrgfun, of dead stick take off fame, was there in his Highlander.

I'm so bad with names. We had a Maule driver come in from the east coast!

Headed over Thursday

60-70 planes

Solider Bar

More Solider Bar

Moose Creek

Shearer

Potluck

Happy man

I love this :P

Headed home

Start em young

If you have not done this, do yourself a treat and come next year...Rob

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Does anyone know if the Cessna that reportedly went missing on Saturday has been found ???
Last edited by maules.com on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

maules.com wrote:Does anyone know if the Cessna that reportedly went missing on Sunday has been found ???
I haven't heard anything but I heard a request to forward a call for help from the CAP. The missing aircraft #'s sounded like U3H that might be part of the N#. They were en route Warren. I heard this Saturday @ 10:30 - 11:00AM.
The communication was stepped on so that is all I picked up.
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

I was flying that AM as well and heard the same transmission... I never heard who he was talking to but there was a stressed but collected tone... and I never heard anything else. :(

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

I never heard anything about this at JC... Is there any more on it.. Flew over warren but didn't have time to visit... On the way back from elk city.. :shock:
Iceman

SkyMaule
100+ Posts

Post by SkyMaule »

Rob,
I stole your photo.... Learned a new trick. Put a a couple of beers in a cooler full of ice and it reproduces more beer. At the end of the pot luck there was enough beer for the rest of the week for several people! Thanks for all the different micro brews. They were good. :wink:

Tried my hand at making a movie from a trip into Wilson Bar.

http://www.vimeo.com/5502421
1975 Maule M5-210C