3rd Annual N41 Waterbury CT Fly In and Campout

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
gdflys
100+ Posts

3rd Annual N41 Waterbury CT Fly In and Campout

Post by gdflys »

We're back bigger and better than ever. Now being dubbed Mt Toberfest (the airport sits on top of "Mount Tobe") our annual fall fly in is scheduled for Oct 21-23. Fly in and spend the day or camp the whole weekend with us. Lots of food folks and fun, 50/50 pumpkin drop, STOL and Spot landing competitions, fly out safaris, and much more. Last year we had 8 Maule aircraft and owners join us, more than any other make and model. It's turning out to be the biggest Maule event in the Northeast so don't miss it.

See this thread linked below for some pictures and info from last year's event. I'll update the itinerary and info as we get closer and things are finalized. I look forward to seeing last year's visitors again and hope to meet a lot more new Maulers. We don't discriminate much so bring along non Maule friends too.

http://maulepilots.org/Hangartalk/viewt ... f=3&t=6430

Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

gdflys
100+ Posts

Re: 3rd Annual N41 Waterbury CT Fly In and Campout

Post by gdflys »

The event sponsor's donations are beginning to arrive. The donations will be used as prizes for the STOL, Spot Landing, and Pumpkin Drop competitions as well as raffled off to help support the Waterbury Airport and make camping area improvements for those who fly in any time of the year. I'll be posting additional prizes in the coming days as they arrive. Please join us and help make this one of the biggest Maule gatherings in the country.

Plane Perfect donated a Essentials Airplane Detailing Pilot Pack ($99.95) as a prize

Plane Perfect also sent along a box full of sample kits of their "1" Ceramic Cleaner and Detailer plus a micro fiber towels for the first few dozen pilots to fly in.

Sportys Pilot Shop donated a Flight Gear iPad Bag ($79.95) to be used as a prize

Aircraft Spruce donated two $25 Gift Cards to be used as prizes
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Wife and I might stop by on Oct 21 or Oct 22 on our way back from Lake Winnepesaukee, if weather permits.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

Andy that would be awesome. I'd love to meet you both.
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

The swag and prizes from our supporting vendors are still pouring in. Be sure to come join us Oct 21-23rd at N41 in CT.

This week's additional swag and prizes include a mega gift basket stock full of gear from Flight Outfitters,

WAT sent a voucher for a free brand new Prometheus G3 LED Landing Light, and all sorts of swag

Bose Aviation swag hats, pop lights, and keychains

Connecticut Soaring Association donated a free introductory Glider flight lesson

Also gift cards for multiple fly in restaurant destinations throughout the area including Hangars Cafe at 44N, Airfield Cafe at 7B3, Tobiko at BAF, and Dunkin Donuts world wide
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

The sponsor prizes and swag keep pouring in. We're getting down to the last few weeks before this event kicks off Oct 21st-23rd. Don't miss out on all the fun. Let's see if we can get even more Maules there this year than last.

Flying Eyes donated one of their top selling sunglasses

Learn2Fly CT donated a gift certificate for one free introductory flight lesson

Are you a coffee lover? How about Dunkin gift basket?

Airfield Cafe in North Hampton NH donated a gift card

Hangars Cafe at Sky Acres NY donated a gift certificate

Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

One week away from Mt. Toberfest. Here are the anticipated schedules for the weekend subject to changes due to wx. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone there to share the fun.

Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

The weather is forecast to be darn near perfect. Here’s some additional details on the airfield for arrivals. Any questions let them fly. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

Clear prop! Looking forward to seeing all the Maules show up. It’s not too late to join us. Load up the tent and sleeping bags and make it a great weekend.

ImageUntitled by gdflys1gregflys, on Flickr
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

norcal64d
100+ Posts

Post by norcal64d »

If everyone is still around, I would like to fly down Sunday morning and say hi!
Tim
1991 MX-7-180

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

Norcal sorry I just saw this. Yes we were still around on Sunday morning although most had departed to bet the rain in the afternoon. We were so busy I couldn't take the time to make updates until now. Hopefully you can make it next year.
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

Well we lucked out and other than near freezing temps overnight the weather was simply incredible. The turnout surpassed all our expectations and was nearly overwhelming. I watched the lines for food grow longer while the food piles dwindled but we managed to feed and entertain everyone all weekend. Over 100 aircraft of all types converged to this tiny grass strip on Saturday with nearly 40 staying to camp Friday night. What a weekend to remember. We got so busy on Saturday I wasn't able to take pictures of everything but there will be many more pictures and video to come. I think around 7 Maules and their owners were able to show up. Overall it was an epic grassroots aviation weekend.

Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

Some of the Maules in action at the event plus other extras. Check out the youtube video below.

https://youtu.be/ip8cq4DdHhQ
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Very nice fly-in, Greg. You guys did a ton of work to pull it off so well. The weather was perfect. Glad I got a chance to stop by.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

andy wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:13 am
Very nice fly-in, Greg. You guys did a ton of work to pull it off so well. The weather was perfect. Glad I got a chance to stop by.
Thanks Andy. Yes it all came together for the "perfect storm" turnout. It was great to meet you. Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself and your wife. That was the only drawback to such a big event. I didn't get to meet all the people I invited personally and even those who I didn't. I got many replies afterwards from people I never even knew were there since we were running around like headless chickens. Thanks for stopping in. Hope y'all can make it back next year too and maybe camp with us.
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA