Bush flying Clinic in Alaska July 6-10, 2020

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Isaac

Bush flying Clinic in Alaska July 6-10, 2020

Post by Isaac »

Hi Folks,

This is something I posted on our facebook page. I realize some folks don't have facebook who may be interested in this so I have pasted the info below. We have two folks who have already said they want to come. There is room for up to three more...

I have been asked many times if I would give instruction in Bush flying techniques. If we can get three to five people who want to commit five days the week of July 6-10, we can take time off from our regular flying to put on a bush flying clinic. Here are some details.

We will start in Willow the morning of July 6, 2020. We will spend the first day covering the techniques I was taught my dad and some other amazing long time bush pilots. We will practice those on the long gravel bars nearby.
We will look at the weather together and decide on a tentative route through the Alaska Range towards Bethel. We will fly together exploring some of the many strips along whatever path the weather has dictated. We will camp in tents. The plan will be to make our way to Bethel and all the way back to Willow by the 10th of July.
For the duration of the clinic Renae and I can provide mountain house meals and camping gear( minus sleeping bags and clothing). Pilots will pay for their own fuel, oil, and maintenance.

Individuals wanting to attended this clinic will have to provide their own bush plane with bush tires and be a licensed pilot. This is specifically designed to focus on Maule flying. To get the most out of this clinic pilots need to come with the following skills:
1)Be able to touchdown in a 20x20 foot box with minimal bounce
2)Be able to touchdown and get stopped within 500 feet, (no wind/ standard day).
3) Be able to take off at gross weight within 500 feet on a standard day with no wind.

For Renae and I to be able to afford to do this in the summer we will be charging $3,000 per pilot with 50% deposit at the time of booking.
We will need to have three people booked by December 13th to put on the clinic in 2020.

If you want to learn how to get the most performance out of your Maule and learn how to safely fly through Alaska this will be a great opportunity to do that. You can send us an email at flying@godscountryaviation.com

Isaac
( Here is a video showing some of the places we could visit together next July)
[https://youtu.be/jTHaUti-w3s][/url]