2018 KAWO Arlington Fly-In July 6-8

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I arrived at KAWO at about 10:45 this morning. Maule parking was supposed to be in row 14. Even though I had a MAULE sign in my window, I was parked in row 15. Both row 14 & 15 were almost full and I was the only Maule there. Somebody didn't get the word about dedicated parking. I walked the grounds for a couple of hours and decided to leave before the airshow. There wasn't much there, so I couldn't see staying another 3 hours until the show was done. Here's what Maule parkling looked like:
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

I saw you on the ramp just before the airshow but thought you were arriving not departing.

We got scattered around. Don't know if ramp control got the memo, the CAP kids who were the marshals certainly did not.

Most of us were gathered at the South end of rows 12, 13, and 14 and I guess with your info, 15.

Not sure what happened.

Tom

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Any Maule group plans for the 2019 Arlington, WA fly-in?
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

TomD
100+ Posts

Arlington 2019

Post by TomD »

I have not reached out to the Arlington organizers as I did last year since the message that Maules were supposed to be parked in a certain area just didn't get implemented.

The people that were directing the aircraft had no clue. I spoke to the organizers about that but I have little faith anything is going to change.

I was planning to park in the Washington Pilots Assn. area or just general parking.

The only aircraft make groups I see signs for are the Cherokee and Ercoupe the rest are antique and others.

Looks like slight chance of showers, 15%-20% both Saturday and Sunday at Arlington.

TD

HeavyLoad
100+ Posts

Post by HeavyLoad »

I'm planning on flying in on friday. Maybe I'll see some of you maule drivers there.
===========
M5-210C
RV6

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

Weather forecast much improved !

Current plan is to come in on Saturday AM and may or may not stay for airshow.

Possible I will drop into the field on Friday for fuel depending on where I fly Friday.

TD

maulem5210c

Post by maulem5210c »

I'll be there, Flying in Thursday evening and staying til Sunday afternoon. Look for the orange M-5 with black diamonds on the cowl.
Alan Scott
1977 M5-210c (upgrading for back country fun)
Building RV-8