Oshkosh AirVenture 2018

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
CaseyM
100+ Posts

Oshkosh AirVenture 2018

Post by CaseyM »

Who is going?

When are you arriving/departing?

Driving or Flying?

What's on your to-do list while you're there?

I'm flying in 25th-28th. Most likely parking in the North 40
Last edited by CaseyM on Fri May 25, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

I'll be there Sunday to Sunday, camping in Scholler. I'll be driving as I only live an hour away. Given that the Maules will likely be parked in the North 40 (unless you're lucky like @captnkirk who parked in Vintage South 40 last year), I have no desire to be that far out.

I do a little bit of everything while there. My son and I have been camping together for a long time. My favorite place, hands down, is Vintage. But can't go wrong with anything else. :)

~Chris
Last edited by Chris in Milwaukee on Fri May 25, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Flying into Dodge county afternoon of the 23rd will be at the show 24,25&26 and will be camping in a hotel in Waupun, really don't like waking up wet. We really aught to have a time set for a get together. Maybe we can get Captain Kirk to sneak us into one of the airline dinners :shock: ( just joking Kirk)
The best Government, is less Government.

rv8bldr

Post by rv8bldr »

We're planning on flying in on the Friday before and staying until the following Friday in our new (to us) '79 M5-235C. I suspect we'll be in the North 40 as we are bringing our folding bikes to get around off airport, and we will have a bunch of friends in HBC in their RV's which is relatively close.
Mark
President EAA Chapter 245
'79 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
Bearhawk 4pl C-GPFG - Under Construction

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

rv8bldr wrote:We're planning on flying in on the Friday before and staying until the following Friday in our new (to us) '79 M5-235C. I suspect we'll be in the North 40 as we are bringing our folding bikes to get around off airport, and we will have a bunch of friends in HBC in their RV's which is relatively close.
You're building a Bearhawk, too, aren't you? Maybe one day we'll be parked next to each other in HBC or in the North Aircraft Display :)
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

VA Maule wrote: We really aught to have a time set for a get together.
I'll be there 25th-28th. Most likely parking in N-40

That's a great idea to try to get together. I'm unfamiliar with what is around for meeting places so anyone have any ideas on where/when to meet up??
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

CaseyM wrote:That's a great idea to try to get together. I'm unfamiliar with what is around for meeting places so anyone have any ideas on where/when to meet up??
Depending on whether y'all are early birds or not, the Tall Pines Cafe between Vintage and Ultralights serves a nice breakfast.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A

rv8bldr

Post by rv8bldr »

You're building a Bearhawk, too, aren't you? Maybe one day we'll be parked next to each other in HBC or in the North Aircraft Display :)
Yup, I are :D We've actually met a few times at your Bearhawk BBQs (which I'm really hoping is happening again this year....hint, hint)
Mark
'79 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)

rv8bldr

Post by rv8bldr »

Chris in Milwaukee wrote:
CaseyM wrote:That's a great idea to try to get together. I'm unfamiliar with what is around for meeting places so anyone have any ideas on where/when to meet up??
Depending on whether y'all are early birds or not, the Tall Pines Cafe between Vintage and Ultralights serves a nice breakfast.
Their Breakfast Brat-eat-o is awesome (or... maybe I'm think of Major Goolsby's?)
Mark
'79 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

rv8bldr wrote:
Yup, I are :D We've actually met a few times at your Bearhawk BBQs (which I'm really hoping is happening again this year....hint, hint)
I thought so :) Names and I don't get along very well.

Oh, the BH BBQ is happening! But can't get a camping spot until Scholler opens up!
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Not sure of my arrival dates but we can plan on something I’m sure. I’m trying to get my brother to fly in with me. As it gets closer I’ll post my plans.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Hope the weather in Oshkosh is better than it is here in Western NC. We've had non-stop fog, rain and thunderstorms for the last week and it looks like it's going to continue into the coming week. I'm looking for a small break in the weather so I can fly the Maule.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

flyusn99
100+ Posts

Post by flyusn99 »

My son and I will be there from Sunday evening through Saturday morning and would be interested in getting together as well...

James

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Andy we may need to invest in some floats at point just got in been flying thru this monsoon all week.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

CPS M5

Post by CPS M5 »

I plan to be ther 25-27.