Halloween Fly In at Shannon (KEZF)

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
VA Maule
100+ Posts

Halloween Fly In at Shannon (KEZF)

Post by VA Maule »

There's a Fly in scheduled for October 29 10:00am to 4:00pm at Shannon
(KEZF) Fredericksburg,Va 3000' paved & 1300' grass . They've posted flyers around and they're a good group so I decided I'd give'em a little Exposure here. I'm planning to go so hopefully maybe some of us can meet up.

If I can get up with my " IT " guys I'll post a picture of the flier.
The best Government, is less Government.

martinwalker1

KEZF fly in

Post by martinwalker1 »

I'll be there. I keep my MT-7-235 in Hangar 7, next to the runway. Would love to see another Maule there. The grass runway will probably be closed as they will be parking airplanes on it. If the weather is really nice, I might try to fly over from 7VG0 in my Xenos motorglider.

7VG0 is more of a Maule airport. Uphill/downhill runways, surrounded by trees and 2000' runways of bumpy grass, also really good people. The owner (Tom) has owned several Maules. Unfortunately he touched down on a cattle guard at the approach end of the runway. He walked away but even a Maule can't survive that.

Martin Walker

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Weather is looking like it's going to be good.
The best Government, is less Government.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Like to make it but I'll be in Mesa AZ for the Copperstate Flyin . I'll be working in the APA booth . If any one comes to that stop by ,I working some more for the union.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I used to live in Manassas, VA and flew into Shannon fairly regularly. My Maule was based way out near Winchester because that was the closest grass strip I could find available hangar space. If we hadn't moved to Washington State, I'd join you all at Shannon's Halloween gathering in a heartbeat. Nothing like that is happening out near us, but that isn't enough to convince me to move back. If any of you do go, please post some pictures.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

martinwalker1

Couple of Pictures from Shannon Fly In / Candy Drop

Post by martinwalker1 »

Images from Shannon Fly In

Image[/URL][/img]

Image[/URL][/img]

Image[/URL][/img]

Image[/URL][/img]

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Great shots, thanks for posting. Here's a shot of our Halloween weather. I'll be staying on the ground, but might have lunch at the airport.

Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

Great pictures!