FUN & SUN FLYIN

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Green Hornet
100+ Posts

FUN & SUN FLYIN

Post by Green Hornet »

Any RVN vets attending the FUN & SUN in Lakeland FLA. who would like a little Dejavu or pilots who would like to get a glimpse of what it was like being a crew member on a Huey stop by and tell Alan, a Black Widow, 82nd Airborne Raider, Doorgunner from the 188th/ C101 Assault Helicopter Company 66-68 sent you. (Bill Crabbe) Enjoy the ride !

"The airshow group I volunteer for also has a Huey ride program. We will be at the Fun and Sun in Lakeland in April for a week. We are a non-profit organization that works to connect the public with the Vietnam War. Pass the word to see if anybody wants to take a ride on a Huey that was in Vietnam as are the pilots. " Alan BW25
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Man that would be great! I am not a vet, but I have always to get a ride in a huey and find out a little about what it was like.

We are having a D-day Tribute to Veterans on June 7-8 at our airfield here outside Nashville. We will have a full reinactment group including tanks, halftracks, axis & allies, Mustangs and a Dauntless. It would be great to get a Huey or 2 to make a presence. Although the name has D-day in it, this is a salute to all veterans past and present. We are asking any warbirds that can attend to do so as a static display. If the owners want to do fly-bys then they may do so as well. This event will be free to the public.

Sojorrn...any chance your group might be in the area and willing to make a stop?
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

Lowflybye,
I sent off an email to the aircraft commander with you CC'd asking your question.
Bill
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Bill-

Thanks for the forwarded message...it will be great if it works out.

-Chris
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top