Oshkosh 2016

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
VA Maule
100+ Posts

Oshkosh 2016

Post by VA Maule »

Who's going to Oshkosh? What days?
My son and I will be there 27 & 28 would be nice to meet up .
The best Government, is less Government.

galtpilot

Oshkosh

Post by galtpilot »

I believe I will be there either July 27 or 28th. Probably will stay through the weekend. Camping in the north 40

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

I plan on going, I'm spending the whole week I assume I'll be parking in the north 40. I'm supposed to be helping out at the Allied Pilots family event which also runs all week I'll be there in the evenings.Not sure just when I plan on leaving to go up it may be a function of the weather and getting my annual finished. If I can get a good wifi signal I'll post my location. This is the first time I've gone to Oshkosh so I'm looking forward to the trip. Camping at the plane not sure yet if my son can slip away from school that long so I may be alone.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

I was beginning to think no one else from here was going :roll:
We'll be camping in a hotel in Waupun, sleeping on the ground just doesn't work for me anymore.
Kirk it will be good to see you again.
galtpilot I look forward to meeting you, it's always good to get together with a fellow " Mauler "
PM phone # so we can corronate a meet up maybe a nice set down dinner?

BamaMaule

Post by BamaMaule »

There is a chance I will get there depending on my work schedule. If so, it will be early in the week - Saturday thru Tuesdayish. I'll camp in the north 40. Hope to meet you all there if it works out.
Greg
1980 M5-180C

John Ashcroft
100+ Posts

Post by John Ashcroft »

I am coming from Australia, all week

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Good deal we will have to get together at some point. At Sun n Fun the have a fish fry one night I assume they do something similar there. Maybe we can meet up for a meal.
Kirk Johnson

John Ashcroft
100+ Posts

Post by John Ashcroft »

We could meet up, we are out for dinner Thursday any other night is up for grabs

Undaunted
100+ Posts

Post by Undaunted »

Probably be there Friday thru Sunday.

Anyone coming in from the west is welcome to drop into KEAU as a stop on their way. A tour of the local fun strips can be arranged. It is an easy hop from here to KOSH. If overnighting we can likely find a hanger at no charge (if needed due to weather). Maule cave has a couch, grill, and most importantly a fridge with cold beer.

Michael
1999 M7-235C

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Parked in the n40 by the reg booth along the fence a couple of other Maule are her also
Kirk Johnson

John Ashcroft
100+ Posts

Post by John Ashcroft »

Oshkosh so far has been a tremendous experience. Great to put faces to the of names of some US Maule guys.
Great to catch up with Kirk, and Patrick Romano's first presentation on stol ops was really helpful in resolving some questions in my mind.
There are so many aircraft manufacturers represented here including Maule. It is unfortunate that Maule don't have any aircraft here. Maybe i need to go to Moultrie to see one.
Looking forward to the next few days, and Patrick's second presentation.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

John should see you in the a the phones have been a little overloaded texts seem to work better. Va Maule is headed home in The am I do believe. I've been trying to see all I can but this place is huge
Kirk Johnson

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Got home from the show this afternoon earlier than expected 12 to 18 knot tale wins all the way :D 5 of the 6hrs. Log as IMC 8) It was great show sorry I missed Patrick's forum, but I did catch the STOL demo. those guys are IMPRESSIVE to say the least! My legs and feet are killing me from all that walking to say Airventure is huge and expansesive is an understatement! Gained a lot of information on a project I'm starting from the one & only place you can find that much aviation knowledge & experience face to face, and I was so impressed at how willing these " Old Sages " are to share their lifetime of knowledge. I guess there really no strangers in the common bond of aviation.

John Ashcroft
100+ Posts

Post by John Ashcroft »

Kirk,
Great to catch up with you and thanks for your generous hospitality.
I got a bit caught up at the gate with the wine and security, when i finally got through at about 7 at the gate you marked, i couldnt find the APA setup, and so did not hang around for too long.
Great to meet you and look forward to trecking over again.
Cheers
John & Miriam

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

No worries John I'm sorry we didn't get a chance at another meal together. Our group broke up early to watch the night airshow and fire works. I left early this am made it home in about 5 hours plus a fuel/ bladder stop. It was great meeting you and your lovely wife hope your trip home goes well.
Kirk Johnson