Washington DC fly in

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
martinwalker1

Washington DC fly in

Post by martinwalker1 »

I am based at KEZF, Fredericksburg, VA and would be interested in putting together a fly in for Maule folks if there is any interest in flying to this area. We don't have mountain strips and views, however, I could arrange a visit and transportation to Air & Space museum in DC and the Udvar-Hazy museum near KIAD. My wife and I visit these museums every few months and never get tired of the exhibits and displays. We also have a grass strip (3W3) and an island with runway (TGI) nearby that have some of the best crab cakes and sea food I've ever had anywhere.

If any Maule pilots are visiting this area, let me know and I'll be glad to help you make arrangements. I can also explain how to stay out of trouble when flying in this area.

Martin Walker
FAA FODR (Forces of Darkness Retired)
N914MG, MT-7-235
540-720-7581

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Marin, I used to be based in Warrenton (KHWY) and then at Culpeper (KCJR) when we lived in Vienna VA. I flew to Kentmorr (3W3) and Tangier Island (KTGI) several times before the airspace got as complicated as it is now. Fun places to go and the food was great at the marina near 3W3. We seldom fly that way anymore since it's a pretty long trip from Western North Carolina even in the Maule. Sometimes I brave the DC SFRA at Leesburg airport (KJYO) which is near family, but their overnight transient hangar space is $100/night!!! I'll look you up if I get back up that way.
Andy
1986 MX7-180