BCP Fly IN

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
iceman
100+ Posts

BCP Fly IN

Post by iceman »

So how many of us Maule drivers are going to the BCP fly in in June. Is the Maule fly in set for this year yet? I for one am looking forward to June 27th and the week following since I will be camping for about 10 days there. Hope to meet some of you there. Iceman
Iceman

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

Test
Iceman

flyer
100+ Posts

Post by flyer »

Iceman

I will be there again. I look forward to seeing you.

flyer
Flyer

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

We will be there, and then be there for the SCub fly in the weekend before. 8)

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

I'll be there.

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

It looks like I will finally meet some fellow Maulers. I signed up for the
McCall Mountain Canyon Flying Seminars, LLC basic mountain course today. My plan is to complete the course June 23rd -27th. On Saturday morning the 28th of June fly to Johnson Creek for the fly in. Please save me a spot to tie down. :D
Blue Skies
Bill
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

sojorrn wrote:. Please save me a spot to tie down. :D Good luck bill. Should be pretty good tie downs. we're not like the Cessna 180 club lining both sides of the runway. Probably be about 15 planes at most if that many. I honestly hope we don't get as big as Cessna. It gets pretty hectic and every year they have some sort of mishap. The Maule group is about as big a fly in as I want to attend in the mountains. I'll be there for ten days starting the 26th. Hope to see you there. Butch
Blue Skies
Bill
Iceman

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

Hi Butch,
I appreciate the welcome. This is my first flyin. After taking the McCall canyon flying course I suspect that I should have a lot of information and some practice. Although if anyone has any inputs regarding "Flyins" that were learned over the course of time I am all eyes, ears, and ready to download. Such as what to bring or not to bring. The canyon course has a checklist of necessities ( tie downs, first aid, survival kit) so I am not sure what I am asking but there is always something you wish you would have thought of or asked about?
Thanks again for the welcome
Blue Skies
Bill
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

TomD
100+ Posts

BCP

Post by TomD »

What are the BCP Fly-in dates and is it back at J-Creek?

TD

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

http://maulepilots.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=377
This links to robs post- the date is June 27-29th at Johnson Creek
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

Mountainmauler

Post by Mountainmauler »

I will most likely be going to the BCP flyin. It will be my first. Two guys i fly with (both fly c-180s) are going in there own airplanes and i will going for a cross-country three airplane flight. I am excited to meet other
M-Pilots as we are kinda hard to find.

SoJorrn: I like to bring my airmattres that fits perfectly in my tent and i can fill it with the AUX outlet in the Maule.
Also: Bring a bunch of beers or spirits, head lamp for night time navigation on the field, hopefuly we can do alittle swimming (swim trunks), and you gotta bring something comfortable to sit in for multiple days. Nothing like sitting under the wing of your airplane after breakfast doing a little reading and watching your fellow fly-in buds do low passes and trying to spot land and having fun landing short :D See ya Peter
2004 M-7 235c

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

good thing about JC is if you didn't bring it and it isn't something large you can get it in Yellow Pine at the store> THey have some camping supplies, limited, butt some and canned goods, chips, salsa and beer and about anything you'd find in a 7-11. If you need something big like a chair or air mattress McCall is only 20 minutes flight away with a supermarket and shopping mall across the street from McCall air. If you fly off for a days sightseeing or breakfast the unwritten rule is leave a folding chair in your parking spot with the tiedown chain on it. I've only had one bad experience with that. A cub pilot came in during the 180 fly in and moved my chair off my spot and parked in it. WHen I came back he said it wasn't there so he parked there. Another pilot told me he saw him move it. I was fortunate that there was one next to him but he wanted the one next to the outhouse that I had. Go figure. Anyway if there's a chair there park elsewhere. As for what to bring, just what you camp with if you have camped before. Firewood is usually in plentiful supply but I cook on charcoal in the fire rings, since it heats up faster than a fire.You can get that and any food at McCall. Iceman Oh and one more thing... Do not fly over the house on the south end of the field. fly around it if for some strange reason you have to land to the North.
Iceman

flyer
100+ Posts

Post by flyer »

mountainmauler

You mentioned in your last post about your buds doing fly-bys and spot landings. It is my opinion that fly-bys and spot landing practice have no business being done in the Idaho back country. If you or your buds want to do fly bys or other show off type of flying, please do it at your own airports and not in the Idaho backcountry. We are all trying to maintain the backcountry strips. There are many who would like to see us gone and that type of flying gives them an argument.

We all love the sight and sound of planes but for those who do not share our passion, it is just a nuisence that they would like to see stopped.

flyer
Flyer

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

I agree, every year I come up some numb nuts thinks he's entertaining us with a high speed fly by. I haven't seen many do T&Go's cause the reality of the situation is it's just not a good place to do them. The only fly by I have appreciated was a couple of huge Marine helicopters did a low pass from North to south one evening. But they can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. :lol:
Iceman

John

Post by John »

8) We plan to be there, if Idaho isn't on-fire like last year.
3155B-John