Triple Tree Flyin

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
gregorydshanks
100+ Posts

Triple Tree Flyin

Post by gregorydshanks »

Is anyone planning on going to the Triple Tree Flyin at Woodruff SC this weekend?
Anyone ever been before?

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

On my calendar. Only weather and or fate will distract me. Not sure how many days yet. My just be a Saturday or Sunday.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

I'm hoping to go Saturday if I don't have to work. I need to replace the battery in my Maule before then since it's old and weak. I don't want to get stuck down there unable to start the engine. Assuming the weather cooperates, I don't have to work and the battery replacement is completed, I'll be down there before lunch. I usually only spend one day and leave sometime in the afternoon. It's a good place to camp with your airplane, but you need to register online ahead of time. It's the biggest grass runway that I've ever seen and there are lots of unique aircraft. My only complaint is that in the past, some pilots ignored the arrival procedures and cut others off. It's a risky situation with a lot of aircraft in close proximity without any real traffic control. I guess that means even a pilot can be a clueless yoyo. If you're going to fly in there, print or download the arrival instructions and enter the waypoints on your GPS beforehand. Read the arrival procedures and follow them.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Looks like Saturday might be the best weather day. Come on in Andy. We'll help you push that thing off.

Hey Captnkirk, you working next weekend? How about that buddy of yours with the brand x airplane?

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Not likely the way I feel right now. If I do go it will just be a day trip.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Not likely the way I feel right now. If I do go it will just be a day trip. Not sure about Ken he usually is off on weekends and hits a lot of flyin's so the odds are he'll be there.
Kirk Johnson

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Bummer haven't seen your smiling face around for a while. Perhaps we'll see Ken.

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

gbarrier wrote:Bummer haven't seen your smiling face around for a while. Perhaps we'll see Ken.
Do you know where he hides his keys? :P

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Usually just his wife and kid around there. They're both nice folk,. I'm sure they would help.

With friends like us...

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Weekend weather is looking a little better. Perhaps Saturday may be doable after all.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Who needs to hide the keys most people can't open the door with out help. I'd like to get some of those fancy new latches some day. Gary look at that front moving in from the west may make Saturday a bit dicey. If sunday clears out in time maybe then.
Kirk Johnson

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Just got around to looking at that the progs. Boy was I wrong. Think anyone would be left by the time we got there on Sunday?

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Saturday late was doable but I wasn't back up to snuff, Sunday the wind blew and when we got back from church it was to late anyway. Went out this afternoon beautiful day, put about an hour in the pattern down at Shelby. It was one of those calm days when you can adjust things and see the results. And I need some adjusting, wheel landings still aren't as pretty as I would like.
Kirk Johnson

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Ceilings were low here Saturday till afternoon and by then had other things going on. Went down early Sunday morning and had a great time but it was about over. Perhaps next year.

Don't even talk about wheel landings. Some days I can and some days I can't.

Glad you're feeling better.