2nd Annual STOL Competetion

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Russell461
100+ Posts

2nd Annual STOL Competetion

Post by Russell461 »

2nd Annual Texas STOL Competition

The Maules were well represented last year. This is a great event.

http://www.texasstolroundup.org/
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
70' BAC Jet Provost Mk. 1
39' J3
YouTube Channel: russell461

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Nice artwork on T-shirts, gotta have a couple... No hats this year, eh? Like the way you've split classes, much more better then Valdez in past... Although seems like 235's /260's should be with C180's, C185's? But still good balance, hard to satisfy everyone... look forward to making it out that way if I can actually get retired here in near future... Maybe next year...
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

You can't retire! Who would fight the FAA for us?

Nice website. Those shirts are pretty cool!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Yes, I'm getting too old to be fighting FAA anymore and frankly getting fed up with dealing with them as it's always something... Just imagine having time to work on my own stuff, be able to have time to do some recreational flying, enjoying WX at warmer climates in winter, and the list goes on!! Not only that, but I've already retired from Airlines almost 20 years now, and this place was originally for me just to tinker around my own stuff and do a little Air Taxi work... It's sure become much more then that, you see those $$$ signs, and it's hard to say no!!
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Both ops and maintenance would become a mess out there among the cut throat thieves many of us would become without the feds BUT.....DAMN IT.

I sure love my Part 91 job after managing a part 135 (sometime two) and part 145 certificates for over 30 years.

Still have some interaction with the boys and girls in the big house for LOAs, Field Approvals, etc but considerably less stressful.

Jim, you just got to promise that you will hang around and continue to share that wealth of knowledge with the rest of us.

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Hey Russel, if you had any STOL roundup T-shirts left could we buy them at the Maule fly-in a few weeks later?
I can't make both fly-ins but want to attend the Maule one for sure.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

Russell461
100+ Posts

Post by Russell461 »

Fantastic Rezrider....I am not running the STOL Roundup weekend but I will be there. I would recommend you reach out to Phil through the STOL Roundup website and buy what you want and ask Phil to give it to me at the STOL Roundup and I will keep it for you until the Maule Roundup.
Russell A.
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
70' BAC Jet Provost Mk. 1
39' J3
YouTube Channel: russell461