fly-ins in 2015

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Rezrider
100+ Posts

fly-ins in 2015

Post by Rezrider »

I'm planning a busy season for fly-ins this year and hope to meet some of you out there.
Most of these will be in the rockies. Some I don't have the details for yet.

I'm hoping to make it to: Lone Star Maule round up in TX, La Garita in CO, Mack Mesa jamboree UT(no date yet), Idaho trip last 10 days of August, maybe the Texas Stol round up in April but not sure I can go to both events 3 weeks apart.
I'm headed to Mexico in a week. Might do Baja again in the fall. Various last minute camping trips out and about (usually SE utah).

Post up your 2015 flying plans and lets meet up. I don't do the face books so this is it.
Getting psyched for a fun, safe 2015 flying season!
:D
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

Dont forget Maule's third annual fly-in around Sept.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Sun n Fun for me in April I think my brother is going with me this year as my son is in college and can't get away for the week. I'm planning on the Maule flyin also that's pretty close. Beyond that not sure it a question of time and work.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

I have a few ideas this year to attend a few I have never been to before like Triple Tree, SC. I am looking forward to being able to go to Camden, SC in October with my dad. It's been many many years.

ooops did I say SC?

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

They haven't revoked your Ga citizenship yet Bryan? :lol:

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

Duane wrote:They haven't revoked your Ga citizenship yet Bryan? :lol:
It won't be as long as it has been... :lol:

Is that better?

cleach

Post by cleach »

Hi Rezrider,

I see you are in NM. I have an M4 in Edgewood, NM and I am considering going to the Llano STOL and/or the Texas STOL as well. Haven't been to either yet. What city are you in and what do you fly? I have flown to the CO guy's LaGarita Ranch the last two years in mt blue/white Piper Dakota. Where you there?

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

cleach wrote:Hi Rezrider,

I see you are in NM. I have an M4 in Edgewood, NM and I am considering going to the Llano STOL and/or the Texas STOL as well. Haven't been to either yet. What city are you in and what do you fly? I have flown to the CO guy's LaGarita Ranch the last two years in mt blue/white Piper Dakota. Where you there?
Yip. we met at la garita last year. Lets caravan to Llano tx this year, there are 2 Maules going from Gallup.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

cleach

Post by cleach »

Rezrider-
Thanks for the reply. (Sorry for the typos in my last note. Eyes are getting old.) Which TX flyin are you talking about, the STOL or Lone Star Maule? My M4 cruises at 100 knots. I think your bird cruses faster than that. I would like to fly out in the group if practical. Keep me up on your plans. Are you going to the AZ Double Circle flyin April 3?

Danws
100+ Posts

Post by Danws »

Hi Rez.
Is there anywhere we can get together some where halfway between us, this spring ? Im thinkin maybe Utah ??? I know nothing about the great S/W, and want to make a trip this april or may. Any ideas??

Dan

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Danws wrote:Hi Rez.
Is there anywhere we can get together some where halfway between us, this spring ? Im thinkin maybe Utah ??? I know nothing about the great S/W, and want to make a trip this april or may. Any ideas??

Dan
Lots of ideas. Call or email me and lets throw some dates around.
When are you going on your Alaska trip?
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

cleach wrote:Rezrider-
Thanks for the reply. (Sorry for the typos in my last note. Eyes are getting old.) Which TX flyin are you talking about, the STOL or Lone Star Maule? My M4 cruises at 100 knots. I think your bird cruses faster than that. I would like to fly out in the group if practical. Keep me up on your plans. Are you going to the AZ Double Circle flyin April 3?
Whats the details on the double circle fly-in? APA organizing it?
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

cleach

Post by cleach »

There was originally a Double Circle flyin scheduled for April 4 by the AZ pilot's assoc but I see that it has been removed from the calendar. I wrote them a note asking what the deal is. It is a great place and I am sure they will schedule something. I will let you know when I hear from them.

cleach

Double Circle restoration flyin

Post by cleach »

I heard from Mark of the AZ Pilots Assoc. Here it is:

"We had to pull it (the April 4 event) down as we negotiated approval of our project building the front porch (of the historic lodge) with the USFS archaeologist. We just got approval for the second weekend of May, the 8 through 10th with the 9th being the main work day."

Double Circle is always open for flyins and campouts but the one mentioned above is the formal work party event.

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

great info, thanks.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners