6/27/2008 - BCP 3nd Annual Summer Fly-in -Johnson Creek, ID

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.

Will you come?

Maybe, maybe not, I can't say yet, I will decide later but don't count me out just yet.
36%
75% or better I'll be there.
64%

Total votes: 28

M4-220

Post by M4-220 »

I am having my Franklin 220 rebuilt and had trouble with parts... It is all American and looks like I should be up soon. Planning on comming to Johnson Creek.. I love the M-4 and hope to get a long life out of her now... See you all there?
Dan from Arizona
Dan
M4-220 Strata Rocket
Columbia 400

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

M4-220 welcome, we'll see you at JC June
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Look who is coming to the flyin.

Galen L Hanselman

Cheers...Rob

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

As you know Galen Hanselman will be joining the flyin @ JC. A thread
Idaho Reporting Points on Chart (BCP) has brought attention to the fact that Galen has begun work on a project to ID these reporting points, chart them and eventually make them available as a waypoint transfer to your GPS map.(Similar to what he did for Utah) Some local pilots and others further away have volunteered to help in this effort by flying over points for verification taking notes and photo's. If you would like to volunteer to do one fly over please PM Galen. Due to last years fires the task has increased in scope but if we all pitch in it could make the area safer to fly in the future. The more experience you have with the area the better. If this is successful we could expand the effort to other areas in the country. Please consider this as a way to serve the flying community and make it safer for us all.

http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/p ... php?t=2320

I've still got a couple weeks work collecting and assembling information on the lookouts. There are actually a lot of these lookouts on the existing aeronautical charts. Once I have them identified with coordinates and names I would like to post that information somewhere and then see if we can get some volunteers to overfly them and take some pictures and notes. I can certainly provide a checklist detailing the info I need.

I'm not sure how to assemble an on-line contact list of volunteers. If any of you sharp computer guys have any suggestions, I'd be very interested.

I would sincerely appreciate any help I can get in sorting this out.

Galen Hanselman
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Re: $50.00 prize at BCP flyin

Post by RobBurson »

RobBurson wrote:I have a $50.00 bill for the pilot or passenger who has the best item we all should carry.

We will all vote on the best item and the winner gets the dough. I'm out.

Good luck come June....

Rob
Bump

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

I arrived in Caldwell @ 4:00PM today. The weather is sunny and clear. I am having some work done on the Green Hornet and then next stop McCall :D
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

The Green Hornet has landed in McCall. I had a beautiful flight up a nice burst of turbulence while climbing out of Caldwell but I soared for 9,500 ft and smooth all the way. I left the camera in the car so I will post pictures later. Lori McNichol loaned me a pick up. Apparently first come first serve. Anybody coming for the Mountain Flying seminar give me a holler and I'll bring the pick up over and help you unload. My first impression is what a place of beauty and folks are down right hospitable. I am still playing with the new VG"S so I'll report later but so far so good. I need to play with the speeds. The patroller doors are better then I could have hoped for. It reminds me of sitting right side doorgunner in a Huey with a view of everything and everybody. Just so cooool :D
Any suggestions on what to see or do,eat etc. please fire away!
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

mauleace

McCall

Post by mauleace »

McCall is a great place, it has been a few years since I wasn there, so I am sure you will be posting current info on the best places to eat on the way th 3U2.

The Mexican restaurant with the airplane sticking out of the roof was pretty good.

Can you give us an update on the price of fuel at Caldwell and McCall?
"Never feel sorry for a man who owns an airplane" Charles Morse (Anthony Hopkins) The Edge

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

There is a great burger place called "Paradise" about a 1 1/2 mile from the airport. See fuel prices below council is the cheapest.

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/local.html

More updates later
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

mauleace

Council Fuel

Post by mauleace »

FYI, I emailed the airport manager at council and got the reply below. :cry:

Hi Richard. We are out of fuel at present. Check NOTAMS for U82. I will cancel the fuel unavailable as soon as we have it, or send another eMail. Fuel delivery should be this coming week.

Regards,

Dick Thompson,
Council Municipal / Clint Yates Field, U82.
"Never feel sorry for a man who owns an airplane" Charles Morse (Anthony Hopkins) The Edge

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

A Cessna nose wheel had a bad landing at JC. The nose wheel pushed through the firewall and he had a prop strike on Thursday.
A Maule Yellow in color at Mahoney Creek had some damage on landing. I flew over to see if he needed help but after a circle the help plane called me to see if I was landing because he was there to help the Yellow Maule. I yielded the runway to him and went to the upper loon.
I seen some of the BCP guys at McCAll and A couple of Maule guys. there is quite a turn out so far.
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT