What would you like to do?

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
LT4247
100+ Posts

What would you like to do?

Post by LT4247 »

At the 2nd Annual Maule Homecoming Fly-In, September 26-28, 2014?

We are in the final stages of planning the 2nd fly in and while the first was a huge success, we would like to know what activities you suggest this year to make it even more fun!!

It is your fly-in so tell us what you want:: :lol:
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

My vote woul be for some maintenance forums. Show some Maule specific inspections/procedures.

Kirk

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

Free beer!! :roll:

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Duane, by the looks of your Avitar you're already a little sideways.

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I can fly my Maule well within parameters of normal (even short) airport operations. I fly in and out of an 1100 foot long strip comfortably, but I'm hesitant to practice steep approaches on the back side of the lift/drag curve because the consequences of not timing the late addition of power can be disastrous. If some guided instruction on operating at the edges of the performance envelope were available, I'd be willing to pay for that instruction. As far as the free activities go, I was too late to enjoy the games played at the last gathering. I just hope I get there in time for all of the activities this fall! I did make it for the dinner and the campfire story swapping last year and that alone was worth the flight.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

BamaMaule

Post by BamaMaule »

+1 on Kirk's idea. Last year's after dinner talk about Maule specific maintenance items was very informative.
Greg
1980 M5-180C

st8cop166
100+ Posts

Post by st8cop166 »

+1 on Flyhound's request and Kirk's request. Somebody said "beer". I vote, FOOD. Too much of one without some of the other is not a good thing for me.
Former Maule owner . . .twice
1960 PA18 N87314

chazdevil
100+ Posts

A thought

Post by chazdevil »

Perhaps as a Group, we could pool some $$ and try and get some brain trust to attend? Don't know how it would/could work but a little time with George Kirkish or Greg Miller, somebody like TimB for maintenance. I've had the distinct pleasure of getting to listen to exceptional gents like them,and Jeremy of course, before. I'm better for it.
I'm sure there's lots of others.
Thoughts?
Chaz
79 M5 235Turbo

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

Bryan will be doing the BBQ again this year.

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

Bryan will be doing the BBQ again this year.
That is almost worth the trip cross county by itself. That and the boiled peanuts.

I would agree maint., care and feeding of the Maule would be a good subject.

Maybe a discussion about approach and departure techniques from local experts and any differences we might expect from the different models.

Cheers.

Tom

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Bryan is the master of BBQ! Maintenance and modification discussions would be my vote.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

Henry Sanger

Post by Henry Sanger »

Maybe a fly out to some local strips :D

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

BUMP! No more suggestions?
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I have some weird challenges that I'd like to go over with some of the smarter folks present. I'd like a bicycle rack in the back of my plane so the greasy chain doesn't lay on the carpet. I was thinking of using the snap in bar that supports the front edge of the back seat cushion with the kind of axle clamps you see on car roof racks so my bike would stand upright in the back of the plane. I'll bet other pilots have their own special desires, or needs. A brainstorming session to discuss those needs with the factory might result in commercial products being produced that make our planes even more useful and functional than they currently are. Would others like to shoot the breeze around a whiteboard and brainstorm things we'd like to have for our planes, or mos we'd like to see? Would the factory like to have that input? Seems like a huge opportunity for a win-win discussion...
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.