Are there Maules in Oshkosh?

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
multimauler

Are there Maules in Oshkosh?

Post by multimauler »

I'm making my first ever journey to Oshkosh this summer. Is there usually any kind of organized effort for Maule owners to camp together or get together?
Thanks, David
David
2007 C182T
2011 M6-235
1965 PA-18-150

rjb
100+ Posts

Post by rjb »

This will be my first trip also. I thought I saw something about coordinating camping for multiple arrivals but the deadline may have passed (can't find EAA notice).

Maules sprawled over the place has its own appeal.

I plan to start July 24th or 25th from near San Jose, Ca for my first trip as well. I don't know whether my primary initial heading will be N, E or SE and whether I will get to Oshkosh as early as Saturday. I'll probably fly at least 1700 NM to get there.

N9951 2006 MX7-180C

brokenaero
100+ Posts

Oshkosh

Post by brokenaero »

Guys,
The way we fly into Airventure, is we arrive on Fri afternoon. Then we taxi down to North 40 and start a new end row. (next to rnwy 9/27) Then we park all the planes together and set up for a few of the late arrivals. Idea is everyone is together and you're next to the runway to watch all of the arrivals. We put the "kitchen & dining room" right on the end then the sleeping quarters were back aways. If you can get a slot and go in IFR. They will want you to cancel about 60 out, but fortunately there has been enough weather we just stayed IFR until over the field and then cancelled. Makes for a very seamless arrival. VFR is ok as well, just don't try to go in during peak times. (Early is better). Email or pm me and I'll be glad to talk bout it. Or if you want pm me and I'll give you my phone #
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; and that His justice cannot sleep forever.-- T. Jefferson