Texas fly-ins and gatherings

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Wyflyer
100+ Posts

Llano Fly In 10-19-13

Post by Wyflyer »

We flew up to Llana for the fly-in yesterday and saw a few Maules, mostly Cubs and vintage Cessnas.

We were only there for the afternoon, but got there in time to sneak into the flour bomb contest. We had never done a flour bomb contest before so we did our best which was pretty good, 40', 30', and 20'.
We thought it was going to be overcast in the evening so we flew home and slept in our own bed but after we got home we wished we had taken a tent.

I got pictures of N3448Q on the ramp and talked on the radio, will have to meet in the future in person.
The air was cool and smooth and the flight home was as perfect flying as i've ever seen.

Here are some pics

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o7hxku8iajuf1r8/DBfQ8cqkA8

multimauler

Post by multimauler »

Wyflyer
It's great to put a face with a plane. I wish I had gotten to meet you and your wife Saturday. Ended up being 4 Maules at the fly in. What a beautiful day it was and a great weekend. My son and I didn't get to camp either. Had to be in Abilene at 6:00 for a college reunion dinner with my beautiful wife. It was her 25th.
Will post some of my pics shortly. From what I heard, the Maules dominated the spot landing contest.
Also got to meet another future Maule owner for Texas. Rick from Temple TX is on his way to buy a MXT-180. Hoping to see him at all the great Texas Maule gatherings.
David
David
2007 C182T
2011 M6-235
1965 PA-18-150

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Re: Llano Fly In 10-19-13

Post by AndrewK »

Great pictures! Couldn't have asked for better weather this weekend.

Here are a few of the Cedar Mills fly-in. The pictures aren't exciting but the turn out was great and it was nice to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. Hope to see a couple new future Maule owners join the group in the near future as well from a few people I visited with on Saturday.

We were only out there from about noon to 5 on Saturday and saw an M7 on amphibs (that I got my SES rating in a few years ago which now bases in OK I believe) and an MXT or MT that also came from north of the Red River I believe. Unfortunately the M7 left before we made it down the flight line and then we were packing up to leave when the MT came in so I didn't get a chance to say "hello". Next time!