Maule "Homecoming" fly-in

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

a64pilot wrote:Chris,
Some of the volunteer types may not know a Maule from a Cub.
Volunteer = unpaid
I was just being a smart @$$ :lol:

I really appreciate all the volunteers and the time that you all have put in to get this thing rolling.

We got the engine back today, but the cowl is not done yet so I may still be flying the Diamond over...I will have a Maule sign prominently displayed if that is the case. :wink:

I will do my best to be there for an insurance question & answer.
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

Assuming everyone knows what a Maule is and looks like is a good way to end up parked somewhere by your self... It was hard enough to get this arranged so let's not make it any harder, please.

rl

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

LT4247 wrote:Assuming everyone knows what a Maule is and looks like is a good way to end up parked somewhere by your self... It was hard enough to get this arranged so let's not make it any harder, please.

rl
Again my apologies...I was just being a smart @$$

I really appreciate all the volunteers and the time that you all have put in to get this thing rolling. I will have my sign ready and visable whichever airplane I wind up being able to bring.

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

It's Y'all in the south and You all out west. 8)

mikemike

Frequency

Post by mikemike »

What frequency should we use at David Wright's grass strip? 122.9? Thanks. - Mike

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Mike,
I had planned a pilot's brief before we left TVI. I had planned 123.00 as that is Spence field which is close by. Anyway left traffic, pattern altitude 1000. Unless I screw up I will have a handout specifing Freq's for where we go as well as ATC freqs, rnwy width and length, rnwy heading etc.
Parking together solves many problems. I will most likely be in a C-210 N210ZP, blue and white. My cell phone # is (229) 854-0022. I intend to be there as early as I can Fri., but I have to test fly a Thrush that isn't finished yet.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

mikemike

Post by mikemike »

a64pilot, Thanks. 123.00 will be fine. I plan on flying to David's strip directly from Tallahassee (giving Thomasville a wide berth).

senoiaslim

Post by senoiaslim »

Jud,

you got mail!

mark
Mark

Orion

Mail?

Post by Orion »

Hey, Slim... Didn't see a PM or email. Give a call, if you get a chance.

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Looks like I will be a "no-show" for tomorrow. :cry:

Sorry fellows...I was really looking forward to meeting you all. The Maule is not ready and I had some problems with the Diamond on the flight home from Panama City yesterday that need to be fixed before it goes on another X-country. Needless to say I am without wings to make the trip.

Have a great time...looks like the weather will be pretty much perfect.

-Chris

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Chris,
You were the one guy that I thought would make it.

mikemike

Post by mikemike »

Drive it, Chris. - Mike

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Ya Chris,
drive it, put the peddle to the metal.

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

a64pilot wrote:Chris,
You were the one guy that I thought would make it.
I was planning on it all the way up until this morning. Did not want to miss this one. The Maule is still not ready so I had a Turbo 210 lined up as a backup, but I had a gear failure in it last week. I was able to get the gear down and locked without incident, but it is now in the shop to fix the hydraulic leak. I had planned to fly the Diamond DA-40 down as a backup to my backup, but that is not going to work out either. I flew the Diamond down to Panama City on Tuesday and then back here yesterday. On the way home I had some electrical problems & failures with the engine monitoring systems which also effects the fuel guages. Needless to say it does not need to be taken on another long cross country with that sort of problem.

Sooo, I am without a set of usable wings at this time....3 strikes and I am out. Not going to push my flying luck any further this time and the drive time will be about 8 hours so I will have to miss this one. :(

Have a brew for me fellows. 8)