Maule "Homecoming" fly-in

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
manatee

One more plane from Palmetto, FL

Post by manatee »

N704W will be there - being a child of David's hand, we couldn't miss it.
The Flying Manatee

txmaule

Post by txmaule »

56347 will be there from seabrook, tx.
anyone need a ride?

mikemike

Schedule

Post by mikemike »

What is the schedule for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? I don't want to miss a thing! - Mike

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Fri,
We are showing up, call it a travel day if you will. Saturday we get up, eat breakfast etc. and fly to David Wright's field at 10:00 AM for maintenance classes (pilot oriented). Probably around noon we will hop over to the factory for a quick Lunch. Something simple like hot dogs or hamburgers etc. provided by the Maule family. After Lunch I suspect a tour of the factory and hopefully see the M-9 and maybe whatever they may have in the works like the new door latch mechanism, gas strut windows, axle nut, Quick removal rear seat. My favorite because it reclines the top of the rear seat as well. Maybe we can talk Ray into some flying pointers. From there I would like to fly to Panacea for seafood, but we need to be on the ground in Thomasville before dark, I think, as not everyone likes the dark.
Sun can be another travel day for those living far away and I had thought for those that live close we could go to The Airforce museum in Warner Robbins or whatever the group wanted to do.

mikemike

Post by mikemike »

A64Pilot, Sounds Good! I'm looking forward to it! - Mike

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Hi guys, I get to TLH Thursday 1800. I have a van. If anyone needs a ride here is my mobile 503.720.1917 Saturday I'll be looking for a plane ride, have gas money. I'll be around Sunday. Fly back to Oregon Monday. Looking forward to it...Rob

maulekid

Post by maulekid »

3035M from Stuart, Fl. Will be there, if ride needed from this area, any more info on the camping site? 772-334-5776
Last edited by maulekid on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Wx for fly-in

Post by a64pilot »

This is the wx forecast http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weathe ... n=USGA0566 If we get the forecast wx, it's about perfect.
Campground info such as it is is here http://www.thomasvilleflyin.com/facilities.htm I would call and ask, things are known to change. The airport would have the latest info.

senoiaslim

Post by senoiaslim »

Bring your Bug Spray..............Chiggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Mark

Orion

Flight South

Post by Orion »

Hey, Slim... What time you leaving Friday? I'm planning a 1530 local departure from FFC; want to gaggle in loose formation? --Jud

LT4247
100+ Posts

TVI fly in update: Make us a sign!

Post by LT4247 »

All of you who are planning to attend the Thomasville, GA TVI fly in as part of the Maule East coast fly listen up....

In order to get all the Maules in and parked together please make a sign showing "MAULE" or "MAULE PARKING" that is contrasting and easy to see.
When taxiing onto the ramp show the sign to the first parking volunteer and (hopefully) he will steer you to the designated parking area I have arranged. If all else fails ask for Richard Lane and I will come to the rescue! Once you all know where the Maule area is, you can come and go all you like.

The fly in can be a mad house so please be patient with us and we will get you all sorted as quickly as possible. Weather forcast looks good as of today so we look forward to seeing you all here...

rl,sr

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Not trying to point out the obvious here but...I would think that the volunteers will notice that we are in a Maule long before they see our parking sign. Maule aircraft = Maule parking area. :wink:
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

LT4247,
Thanks, I will be sure to have a sign, I for one may not be in my Maule. I plan on Rob flying my M-6, which put's me either in a C-210 or a turbine Thrush.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Chris,
Some of the volunteer types may not know a Maule from a Cub.
Volunteer = unpaid

maulekid

maule fy-in

Post by maulekid »

Maule is a major upgrade to a Cub?