Maule "Homecoming" fly-in

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
mikemike

Photos

Post by mikemike »

I'm hoping this link will take you to pictures of the "homecoming" fly-in:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... 4xzhx&Ux=1

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

Great pictures MikeMIke, sure wish I was there. I am out on the west coast this weekend flying for my evil taskmasters.

Glad y'all got to enjoy the Wright's hospitality, they're great folks. Hope to get back there sometime.

Have fun fly safe, nice job getting it organized Jody

Kirk

Orion

Thanks Y'all!

Post by Orion »

Colin, Cory and I had a ball with the group Friday night and Saturday. It was great to be able to meet folks and get to learn from everyone's experiences. I hope we don't have to wait another year to get together again. Maybe Sun-N-Fun????

Again, Thanks!

Jud
aka "Orion"

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

The saga continues...

We got up early Saturday morning with hopes of having the Maule completed and ready to fly in time for me to make it to the fly-in by noon. All was going great and we had just hung the prop back on her and mounted the cowling in preperation for the test run. I began to take the plastic wrap off of our BRAND NEW prop when I felt something funny under the plastic. It couldn't be...but it was. The last 1/4 inch of our BRAND NEW prop was bent almost 90 degrees. We did not think to check the tips of the prop since it was brand new and the box did not look damaged...at first glance. After a second look we noticed that there was a slit in the box about the size of the blade tip and subsequent examination revealed that the slit went completely through all the padding as well. It seems that UPS dropped the box on it's end with enough force to drive the prop through all the padding and still bend the tip. It must have been dropped off the back of the truck or a loading dock. :evil:

Needless to say we had to take the prop back off and it is going to have to be sent back to the shop for a new blade. With the vertical force needed to bent the prop as it did the hub will have to be cracked open and inspected as well. Soooo, at least another week or so before N30822 will be ready to fly again. Let the fun with UPS begin... :?
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Re: Photos

Post by Hottshot »

mikemike wrote:I'm hoping this link will take you to pictures of the "homecoming" fly-in:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... 4xzhx&Ux=1

Great Pictures, Sorry we were to far away to take part in the fun....

atlryan

Post by atlryan »

Wow, that was one incredible Saturday! Food, airplanes, dinner on the water, a bunch of really great folks and not one landing on a paved runway! I wish I would have come down Friday and hung out at Thomasville... next time 8)

Thanks so much to a64 for organizing, Brent for the highly educational tour, Noel for dinner, Rob for pictures and everyone for being so welcoming.

Ryan (blue and white MXT-7-180A)

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Pictures

Post by RobBurson »

Link to bigger pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/robburson/MauleHomeComing1

Maule home coming pictures. Cheers...Rob

Orion

Awesome pictures, Rob!

Post by Orion »

Thanks for taking the awesome pictures, Rob! They are fantastic. Great time in 2007 guys... Let's start thinking about a gathering at OSH or Sun'n'fun and Maule Homecoming 2008!

Cheers,

Jud

Pat

Post by Pat »

Here's my vote for OSH next year. I'm at a grass strip in Green Bay (88WI). It's about 60 miles north of OSH. We could come up here for a day trip and lunch. It could also be a destination for anyone wanting to avoid all of the OSH traffic.
Pat Rice