Columbia Fly in

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
iceman
100+ Posts

Columbia Fly in

Post by iceman »

Just a note in case anyone would care to join. A group of folks from Gillespie field in El Cajon Ca are flying into Columbia for a weekend camp out the 13th of July. If you would like to join in the festivities the organizer charges $45.00 for all the food and drink for Fri night, Sat and Sun morning. Or if not just drop in and say hi. Wish I could make the Valier fly in but I am recovering from daughters wedding. Empty wallet syndrome. :roll:
Iceman

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Hey there Iceman, I was looking for you at Columbia last weekend.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

Wish I could have come. Daughter got married the week before and we are experiencing empty wallet syndrome for a while. I watched it all on the web cam though. So sorry to hear about Berk. We should mention practicing canyon turns also. I practice them here. My first year in Idaho about 7 years ago I flew up a box canyon by mistake and was glad that was one of the things I practiced before I went up there. It's a pretty violent maneuver but it can save your ass. The best prevention though is knowing exactly where you are. I've been there enough now to know the drainages and landmarks pretty well. Not as well as the Idaho locals though. Going to Tahoe truckee on the 8th for a family get together till I depart on Wed for Columbia. My wife and I will camp at columbia till sunday. I will attend the next BCP fly in next year. Hope it's at JC again. It's pretty hard to beat. Butch
Iceman