Valier Maule FlyIn Pointer

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Aerovelocity

Valier Maule FlyIn Pointer

Post by Aerovelocity »

Hi I fly up here alot and want to encourage everyone to come and enjoy the beautiful sites. For years I flew an underpowered Cessna 172 and these are the routes I flew. Serveral of these paths though the Mountains can be breath taking and safe. From the South from Salmon Creek, Id. Bring Hwy 15 North to the east side of the Bob Marshal Wilderness and north up to Valier. You can go west to Missoula and north into the Flathead Valley. Or you can get into the valley though Rogers Pass by Seeley Lake. Once in the Valley the weather is 99% of the time calm. From the Valley North to Glacier International you can follow Hwy 2 though the mountains to the east side and then a straight shot to Valier. Thats the most senic route. If there is a low ceiling (8000) then stay on the east side of the Mountains, its a bunch of farm gound and flat. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Several local pilots will help you if you want to fly or ride back into the Bob or Great Bear Wilderness. Google earth gives a pretty good picture of Hwy 2 to the North
Hwy 12 & 200 to the South, and Hyw 15 from the South. You won't be disappointed if you come
AeroVelocity (NE end of 53U) StopIn

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Thankyou Aero, I've pointed others to your helpful post.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide