Alaska - anyone flying around and gathering?

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Christine
Site Admin

Alaska - anyone flying around and gathering?

Post by Christine »

We are in Fairbanks currently, have to had back towards Soldotna soon, maybe via Chisana. Would be neat to meet up with any other Maule drivers on the way.
Christine & Joe
808-722-3811
Currently in M-6 51D
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

You still in Fairbanks Christine? Sorry, I was out of town in bush country during weekend, but you're welcome to drop in over here in Chena Marina anytime? We're 4th Hangar from North end of runway with log cabin out on my ramp with all the airplanes?
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

christine and joe,

it was great to meet you the other day in talkeetna! thanks for stopping by. sorry i wasn't able to get away from work to go flying around the area with you. hope you had a good visit here.
M5-235

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

UP-M5 wrote:christine and joe,

it was great to meet you the other day in talkeetna! thanks for stopping by. sorry i wasn't able to get away from work to go flying around the area with you. hope you had a good visit here.
Ryan, it was nice meeting you too. Thanks for the valve stem and air... Love Talkeetna, it's still like I remembered it. We had a great time. your Maule is absolutely beautiful. You seem rightfully to take a lot of pride in it, all those little details. Inspiring! We both have to work on our Maules to make them more beautiful.

Christine & Joe
Christine

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

aero101 wrote:You still in Fairbanks Christine? Sorry, I was out of town in bush country during weekend, but you're welcome to drop in over here in Chena Marina anytime? We're 4th Hangar from North end of runway with log cabin out on my ramp with all the airplanes?
Yes, Jim, but almost on our way out, as Joe (and it is his airplane) still wants to go by Chisana to a cabin, which was our original plan and hadnt worked out wx wise.
We will probably stop by and say Hi. chena Marina was on my list anyways. One of my fuel finder says, there is 5.87$ avgas? The other says no fuel.

We are headed to town and by supplies, then I fly the Maule up to a private strip of a friend on Gilmore tr and Joe will drop the truck we borrowed. Then we fly by Chena Marina ( it will be not before 3:30-4:30p)
We are flying in in Joes white and blue (Alaska rough looking) M6 51D
See you then
Christine
Christine

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Thx for stopping in Christine, it's always nice to meet and be able to attach a face to those with much same interests... Yes I think you must have found the pumps down the runway, fuel here a little cheaper then FAI as we don't have to pay the City Tax. Looked like that cell hanging out there to the SE must've moved out of your way with perfect timing as well. Thx for the extra calendar, enjoy your remaining time up here, and we'll talk to you later. I don't think Joe's airplane looked too rough, more like it's being used as designed for!! Give our regards to him as well...
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Hi Christine,

This might be coming too late, but if you are still in the area, it would be great to put a face with the name, so to speak. I work for an air taxi in Kantishna (deep within Denali National Park) but this week we are out at the east end (McKinley Park strip and Denali Private strip) finishing up our annual training. Timing could be a but funky, as we have our FAA check rides tomorrow, but if you are still around and want to give it a go, call me at 720-320-8265 and see what we can work out. We're free this evening if you see this soon enough.

Andy

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

We've had a sighting in South Central!
Good to see you guys again. We'll plan some fun in June and Jo, we'll make it a point you learn what Silvers are! :wink:
Tailwinds!
Kurt & Chelle
Live it like its your last day.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Planning to be out Knik way this weekend if you are still in the area and weather permiting...
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Christine
Site Admin

Talkeetna

Post by Christine »

Ahh, Andy - we were long gone already. But I love Talkeetna, maybe we come back on our next trip. Doing our flying into the direction of decent wx. Hope the check rides went all well and to get to meet you next time.
Christine
Andy Young wrote:Hi Christine,

This might be coming too late, but if you are still in the area, it would be great to put a face with the name, so to speak. I work for an air taxi in Kantishna (deep within Denali National Park) but this week we are out at the east end (McKinley Park strip and Denali Private strip) finishing up our annual training. Timing could be a but funky, as we have our FAA check rides tomorrow, but if you are still around and want to give it a go, call me at 720-320-8265 and see what we can work out. We're free this evening if you see this soon enough.

Andy
Christine

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

crbnunit wrote:Planning to be out Knik way this weekend if you are still in the area and weather permiting...
Unfortunately we have to go back (me to Hawaii after a few remaining days at home in WA, Joe to Germany) and earn some money for a bit before coming back to play in Alaska. Will be back sometimes during the last week of June to meet Joe with his little 5year old. Hopefully we will get some flying in.
Christine
Last edited by Christine on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Christine

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Great to see both of you too - even if briefly only. Fun end of June sounds great, though it will have to be adjusted to fit 5yr old Hendrik in who will be with Joe for 3 weeks. But fishing some Silvers and BBQ them on a campout somewhere with some Maules sounds great also for 5yr olds.
Christine & Joe
YELLOWMAULE wrote:We've had a sighting in South Central!
Good to see you guys again. We'll plan some fun in June and Jo, we'll make it a point you learn what Silvers are! :wink:
Tailwinds!
Kurt & Chelle
Christine

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Re: Talkeetna

Post by Andy Young »

cumuli wrote:Ahh, Andy - we were long gone already. But I love Talkeetna, maybe we come back on our next trip. Doing our flying into the direction of decent wx. Hope the check rides went all well and to get to meet you next time.
Christine
Andy Young wrote:Hi Christine,

Andy
Ah well, I knew it was a long shot. We ended up getting our 135 checkrides done today, so we're good to go for another 12 months. Give a shout if you think you might be able to stop by our 'hood. We're actually in Kantishna (vs. Talkeetna). Airport code is 5Z5; it's listed as "Hazardous" on the chart, but don't believe it; we commercially operate fully-loaded Cessna 206s out of there, and it's a great strip.
Our days are busy in the summer, but if we can coordinate it, it would be nice to at least say hello. We can point you to a backcountry strip right nearby where you can camp with a full view of Mt. McKinley 20 miles to the south.

Andy

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Our days are busy in the summer, but if we can coordinate it, it would be nice to at least say hello. We can point you to a backcountry strip right nearby where you can camp with a full view of Mt. McKinley 20 miles to the south.
That Sounds Great. We will contact you before we head up north again next time....
Christine
Christine