When to have the Eastern fly-in?

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
a64pilot
100+ Posts

When to have the Eastern fly-in?

Post by a64pilot »

OK when? I would suggest not close to either the Vallier fly-in or Oshkosh. Other than that I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

End of September / first of October? This should help with the heat a bit for those wanting to camp and OSH is the last week of July this year.

We have our annual EAA Fall Fly-In at Lebanon (M54) on October 6th so if we do it in Tennessee, we might be able to combine the 2 events...just a thought.
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

Orion

Fall is great!

Post by Orion »

I'd put a vote in for late September or October. It's always great to get up on clear mornings after a Summer of hazy humidity and low viz. Just my 2 cents.

"Orion"

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

OK late Sept. or early Oct it is. There is a fly-in here locally on the 12th to the 14th of Oct that I wouldn't want to do it on the same weekend as http://www.thomasvilleflyin.com/ There is also the Gathering of Mustangs that I would go to if it weren't too far away for me, but it may not be too far away for you Guy's on the 29th of Sept. That leaves 5-7, 19-21 and 26-28 of Oct. or the later part of Sept. say 14-16 or 21-23 Any preferences?
I've spoken to David Wright, we are welcome to camp there. I think we should throw in and rent a porta-potty though to keep from tramping through his house at all hours of the night. I'm pretty sure I can arrange shower facilities at the local FBO. The owner is out of town until next week and I will find out then. Again David offered his up, but if we can stay out of his house I think it would be better.
For those that don't want to camp, there are plenty of motels and cheap (enterprise) rental cars at the local FBO, nice to have a backup if the weather turns wet.
I want some input from you guy's, weekends that would not be good are as important to know as the ones that are. We have at least 5 to pick from. As we get late in October we get into a kind of rainy season here I believe and early Sept. can still be hot.
Also try to remain flexible, we are still in hurricane season then and of course if we have one of those we will have to bump the time.
When we set a date, I will go back to Brent and Ray Maule and see what they will want to do for us. They did seem to be enthusiastic and seemed to welcome the idea.

mikemike

Post by mikemike »

I think any of those are good for me. Thanks for setting this up!

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Hmmm...so far my September / October calendar is filling up quick. I am planning to go the fly-in at Moontown on September 16 followed by the Gathering of Mustangs & Legends on the 30th. We have our annual EAA fly in at my airfield on October 6th and I am a safety officer for that event.

The weekends that work best for me are September 21-23 or October 19-21, but I can miss out on the Moontown fly-in on Sept. 16th if that weekend seems to work best for everyon else. If the annual is not completed for our Maule by the October dates, I will need to catch a ride with someone.

Just my .02 worth.

I am going to owe the wife big-time for so many weekend kitchen passes in a row. :lol:

Thanks to A64 for putting the pieces together for this one.
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

Any of those dates work for me also. I work half the weekends in any given month though. Have to spin the scheduling roulette wheel when the time comes!

Kirk