April 28 Dalton, GA Taildragger Fly-In & Poker Run

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
redneck

April 28 Dalton, GA Taildragger Fly-In & Poker Run

Post by redneck »

Ya'll are all invited to Dalton (KDNN) for our Spring Taildragger Fly-In. Dalton is located in the NW corner of Georgia, about 25 DME/R-135 off the ChooChoo Vortac (GQO-Chattanooga, TN). We'll have several based T/W aircraft, plus the Cessna 170 group, plus fly-in's from AL, TN, NC, SC and GA, plus all of your Maules to admire. I've got three close-by grass strips lined up for an AM poker run, which will be limited to the first 15 committed signups, at $10 per plane. High hand takes the pot. Hamburger lunch starts at about 12:30 for 5 bucks; lies told and listened to for free. Don't miss it if you're close enough to come. Your response is not necessary, but sure would be helpful for food planning. We'll probably have a pretty sizeable turnout, depending on weather and don't want to run out of food! Hope to see you here, Roger.
Roger
M5-180C

TomD
100+ Posts

fly in

Post by TomD »

Uh, did I miss the date on this post???

redneck

Post by redneck »

Hey, Tom. Thanks for checking the date. It was in the subject line, but I probably should have restated it in the body of the post. We're holding the fly-in on April 28. Should be a good time for anyone close enough to attend. I know there's a bunch of Maule owners in the SE, so hopefully they'll come and claim braggin' rights over all those Cessna 170 guys. The grass strips are easy ones and close by KDNN. Poker run should be fun. Anybody coming would help a lot to let me know so we can plan food. Thanks, Roger.
Roger
M5-180C

redneck

Post by redneck »

Extended wx fcst for 4/28 looks great. Hope to see a few Maules at our KDNN (Dalton, GA) taildragger fly-in & poker run.
Roger
M5-180C

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

I will be in Ellijay on that weekend but I fly a TRI GEAR Maule...
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

redneck

Post by redneck »

J.R., hope you can come! I just sold my MXT7-180 last year to Ray Maule after owning it for 3 yrs. David Wright did my annual the first year. After selling the tri-gear Maule, I lost out on buying an M4 that had been in Thomasville for a long time ... forgotten the previous owners' name. I'm in a C170B now. Bring Jody & David with you, and come on over to our fly-in! If you can, get here about 9:30 for the poker run. Looking fwd to seeing you. Roger.
Roger
M5-180C

redneck

Post by redneck »

If any of you guys want to camp at Dalton during the fly-in, we have a nice grassy area next to the terminal building where you can taxi in and camp under the wing (with prior notice). Restrooms are handy, and we can arrange to have the FBO open to take a shower if needed. We had planned to make the next taildragger fly-in a fly-in/camp event and a couple folks asked about it for this one. Weather should be perfect for this Saturday, let me know if you want to camp. Roger.
Roger
M5-180C