Maule Fly In Registration

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
montana maule
100+ Posts

Maule Fly In Registration

Post by montana maule »

Things are set for the fly in at Valier June 29 - July 1. Please mail the registraion form back to me so I can finalize the meal count. Go to my web site www.montanabyair.com click on the fly in link and read the up dated information. At the bottom of that page click on registration, print the form and mail back to me. Please send the form even if you have told me via email that you were coming. If you have questions post on this thread and I'll answer so all can be informed.

Hope to see you there.

Rick

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Rick,
If it can be screwed up I will. I can't find anything about registration. Can you provide a direct link?

flyer
100+ Posts

Post by flyer »

What is the $20 registration fee for? Is this fee required just to come to the fly-in? Is there a landing, camping or parking fee at this airport?

thanks

flyer
Flyer

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

The $20.00 is to help cover the cost of renting the campground pavillion, gas for the schuttle vans, use of the school showers and other misc. costs. If you just stop by for a few hours or a meal then a small donation would be appreciated. Any money above costs will go to buy refreshments and ice to keep them cold.

The costs of the meals, horse ride, and tour are exactly what the venders are charging. They just wanted me to collect the money insead of dealing with 30 or 40 individuals.

There are no landing or parking fees. If you stay in the campground the city will charge $7.00 per night.

flyer
100+ Posts

Post by flyer »

Rick

Please do not have any poker runs to the backcountry strips.

Flyer
Flyer

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

The mountain strips that I plan to use are forest sevice strips outside the wilderness that are open to public use and one private strip owned by the Recreational Aviation Foundation. We will be guided there by a board member. They are not overly difficult strips, I often do flight training in to them. To go on this route you should have experience in mountain / high density operations. The other route will be out across the plains to various grass strips. If you choose to participate in a poker run it is at your own risk and liability.

There is one strip in the area that is within the wilderness, Schafer Meadows (8U2). It's a great place to camp over night, but please do not use for short term stops or training. The Forest Srevice personal log each flight and after some magic number there will be plans to limit access.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Rick, Thankyou for doing this. I'll have to register when I get back from AK at the Valdez bp competitions.
Hope to see the usual faces and many new ones at Valier 29 June.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

DonMc

Coming to the Fly-In

Post by DonMc »

Admin for DonMc: Don has difficulties posting messages. He is coming to the Fly-In and hopes to see many other Maules as well as from previous Fly-Ins and new Maule Owner faces... TEST TEST

DonMc

registration

Post by DonMc »

Hello All!

I sent my registration in postmarked June 15. Hope this gets me in the drawing for the $50 worth of gas being Scottish and all that.

See you in Cutbank!

Don
260BD

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Only if ye be wearin' a kilt laddie.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide