OCT 12th Alaska fly in/campout No 2

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

That leaves me out. The only day I could get out early enough to fly in for a while would be Tue. the 11th. :(
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

crbnunit wrote:That leaves me out. The only day I could get out early enough to fly in for a while would be Tue. the 11th. :(
That would be very unfortunate. Joe's Maule wont be on wheels till Tuesday late night as a wheel bearing had to be ordered and installed tomorrow afternoon. Camping is too cold, but maybe and hour of meeting and hangar talking with some local Maules? Please see again come out at 5:30 after work for an hour?
Anybody else who is able to make it?
Aero101? YellowMaule? Who will be there ? Or any other meeting place suggestion for wednesday? Or if Thursday would be better on Thursday?
Christine
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Might I suggest the Knik area. Lots of folks are familiar with it and there are many places to play in addition to being fairly close to all. A few glaciers never hurt either. Forecast holds current weather (Incredible by any standard) to at least Thursday.
Live it like its your last day.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I was kind of planning on it. No guarantees but I'll try.

I love Knik... when the wind isn't howling. Landing into a 25kt headwind makes you feel like a hero as far as landing length but it makes any kind of socialization difficult! There are LOTS of places to play out there though. Gets fairly windy at Bold once in a while too.

Post up a final destination and time frame.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

I'm not going to be able to make it down there either, doing a 100hr and awaiting parts from Maule Air... Trying to snow up here today!
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Mauleguywanab

Post by Mauleguywanab »

cumuli wrote:Update on Maule - End of flying season Mini Fly-In Alaska on Oct 12th @ A13

WEDNESDAY 12th - BOLD airstrip (camping?)
Ray, counting on you as well for a stop after finishing your work day early.
Jim, I hope you can find your way down for this.
Kurt, you are in for sure???
Anyone else?
Christine
So, will you be there Wednesday night? If so, I'd like to try and stop in and meet a few more Maule guys. I work all day and would have to stop in after 5 if you are still around?

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

I'll be at the Picnic Bench by 6 maybe a tad earlier. Have to run into Merrill for some parts first.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I am going to try to make it for a "hit and run" visit. I flew in to the Bold strip yesterday and it is in fine shape.

Mauleguywanab

Post by Mauleguywanab »

Is "picnic bench" at bold strip as yellow Maule mentioned or are you referring to the strip up knik next to the glacier? I was not able to fly into work today cause it was 22 at our house this morning. I'm planning to drive home as soon as I can escape work and fly out for an hour or so. Just need to confirm for sure where we are meeting?

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

The picnic Bench is the strip immediately before the Gorge and lower Lake George in the Knik. There's a little more sun there with our lower angle, means a little warmer, longer. Realitively speaking of course. :lol:

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Ok will be there around 5pm at Bold picnic bench.
Picking up Joes Maule just now at Mackey Lake and see how it flies on wheels.
Christine 808-722-3811
Christine

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

BOLD is in Ecklutna Lake and the PICNIC BENCH is in the Knik River drainage. :shock:

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

There is a picknic bench at Bold as well. I won't be at Eklutna. I was there yesterday though! I just don't have the time to get out there this evening. In fact, it is looking doubtful I'll make it to Bold either! :(

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

crbnunit wrote:There is a picknic bench at Bold as well. I won't be at Eklutna. I was there yesterday though! I just don't have the time to get out there this evening. In fact, it is looking doubtful I'll make it to Bold either! :(
Flying by bold eta 8min. If none there we fly on to knick
Last edited by Christine on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christine

Mauleguywanab

Post by Mauleguywanab »