OCT 12th Alaska fly in/campout No 2

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Early yet. Wonder if it would be better served in a new thread?

Talkeetna airshow? You mean the Valdez show? I'm planning to be there this year but I have been thwarted for the last two years...
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Yes, I got a flyer in the transponder, Talkeetna fly-in (Hudson Memorial Fly-in) on May 19 and 20th. Poker run Sat morning, Display booths, Dinner Sat night, Pancakes Sun morning, Acft Landing and Take off Demo's on Sun morning, and a fly-over Sun afternoon... Overnight airport camping, free display booths, etc, etc, etc... Weekend after Valdez. More info contact- Drew Haag @ 907-355-4808 or www.abovealaska.com/flyin.htm
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Mauleguywanab

Post by Mauleguywanab »

Hey Jeff,

I think a new thread is in order. I was all on board last year but I'm watching through a window right now till I see how things go with the new co-pilot due here in a few weeks. I agree with Jim, lots of interest last year but it's gone cold now. Maybe a new thread will spark some life and we can make a plan. I'm in if I can make it work on the family end of things. Valdez might be out for me this year. We shall see. Weather permitting, I might fly down with the 4 year old for one night.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I'm going to try to make it to Valdez and Talkeetna as well if I can get a kitchen pass for three weekneds in a row! My annual is due at the end of April though so all is dependent on how that goes...
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!