Anchorage Trade Show breakfast / Saturday @ Millennium 8AM

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
aero101
100+ Posts

Anchorage Trade Show breakfast / Saturday @ Millennium 8AM

Post by aero101 »

Anchorage Trade Show coming up in couple of weeks... Anyone interested in getting together again this year for breakfast or dinner on Saturday?
Last edited by aero101 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I'd like to meet a few more of you guys. I'm in if I'm not stuck on call that weekend!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

MikeW
100+ Posts

Post by MikeW »

Jim,

Sounds good. I will be in town all weekend. Saturday would be best for me.

MikeW

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

sounds like i'm doing the friday night banquet again. gotta get the denali brewing co girl there on time so ya'll can have your beer :)
and i'll be around all day saturday.
M5-235

BatMaule
100+ Posts

Post by BatMaule »

Either breakfast or dinner sounds good to me. Look forward to meeting more of the Maule crowd. Jim (or anyone else) do you have a favorite eating spot?

Paul
1983 M6-235
The "BatMaule"

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Last year we did breakfast at the Millenium Hotel about 8 AM Saturday morning before show start. Millenium or Gwennie's would work for me for breakfast. Will probably be tied up Saturday night with the vendor / customer dinner, so breakfast works well?
Jim

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

BatMaule
100+ Posts

Post by BatMaule »

I'll cast a vote for Gwennies at 8:00am.
1983 M6-235
The "BatMaule"

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Gwennie's works fine for me as well... How about 1st person to arrive, get large table for Maule Party so later arrivals can find? We had maybe a dozen / 14 people last year at Melenium? OR any other suggestions?
Jim

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

I'm in, I'll let Roger Pfiefer & Chet know too. Thank God the Trade Show is only once a year, more than one breakfast at Gwennie's would do me in! :oops:
Last edited by YELLOWMAULE on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live it like its your last day.

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

I hear that, I'll probably have to take a nap afterwords or won't make it through the morning :lol: Guarantee you won't be hungry all day though...
Jim

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

They wouldn't serve us at Gwennies last year.... Refused to let us all go upstairs so we could all eat and chat together and were going to set us up 3 tables all separate from each other....... Will see you guys at the show.... 8)

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Thanks WUP! I had forgotten about that... Maybe we ought to try the Melenium again as they put us all together last year back in the bar for breakfast... We had the whole place to ourselves and they shuffled tables as neccessary?? Service was good and they didn't rush us!!! If no one objects, we'll nail that down so word can be passed along?
Jim

rogerapfeifer

Post by rogerapfeifer »

gang, considering the pre air show breakfast. i live real close and can make reservations or arrangements at either place gwennies or the millinium let me know and i will take care of it. the millinium may be easier and less noisy so us who flew helicopters for 20 years can hear. let me know. rog pfeifer
x army helicopter pilot, in ak since 1970,flown maules since 79, own m4 and m6. most time on floats but have whls and skis. use plane mostly to hunt and fish. have been in most corners of ak and would be happy to share any knowledge

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

You guys pick the place. I'm good with either. I haven't eaten at the Millennium but I've attended some conferences there. They take pretty good care of you. I'm good with Gwennies as well. What time frame are we talking about?
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Roger- Why don't we go ahead and just plan on the Melenium as they did very good last year and like you said, much quieter. I think 8 AM on Saturday will work as not too early and gives us plenty of time to tell stories and get to show. If you contact them, maybe request a table back in the bar, which worked well as we had the whole place to ourselves? Would suspect probably between 10 - 20 people, won't know until we see who shows up that morning... :lol:
Jim