Valdez 2011

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Valdez 2011

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

http://www.supercub.org/phpbb2/viewtopi ... 684#266684

Those of us that attend locally will not be as affected as those who will be coming from afar. The real issue is is the potential impact to sponsorship. Wup mentioned the other day that there may be some difficulty for them to pull off the logistics of staying up here for a two week stint. Not that we wouldn't enjoy the extra time with them :D , but it wouldn't be cost effective.
Those of you with an interest in this may choose to follow Paul's lead and send a letter. They have not been overly receptive to letter writting campaigns in the past but if it affects their bottom line, maybe we'll get an ear.
My letter has gone this morning.
Here's the link for sending an email flyin@valdezalaska.org

Kurt
Last edited by YELLOWMAULE on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live it like its your last day.

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

My letter just went out too... Although I've not been to show, was planning on doing ANC show, spending week down that way fishing, etc and doing Valdez following week. Just hope nothing written in stone as 2 weeks would be kind of pricey especially for those from outside the state.... :?:
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

If Valdez cannot change the dates, how about a fresh venue between Gukana and Anchorage.
Yellowmaule, were'nt you working on a Palmer competition couple years back?
Maybe someone should forward all the comments on here, BCP, and SC.org to the Valdez organizers.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

BatMaule
100+ Posts

Post by BatMaule »

If you are a Facebook user you can go to the Valdez fly-in page and comment on the dates there as well.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Valdez-Fl ... 7645475070

I'd think with all the discussion and notable personalities/sponsors like Claus, Mike Olsen, AK Bushwheels, etc weighing in on the negative side that the organizers will pay attention and move the date one weekend either side of the Airmen's show. Sure hope so anyway!
Last edited by BatMaule on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1983 M6-235
The "BatMaule"

jmtgt
100+ Posts

Post by jmtgt »

BatMaule wrote:If you are a Facebook user you can go to the Valdez fly-in page and comment on the dates there as well.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Valdez-Fly-In-Air-Show/

I'd think with all the discussion and notable personalities/sponsors like Claus, Mike Olsen, AK Bushwheels, etc weighing in on the negative side that the organizers will pay attention and move the date one weekend either side of the Airmen's show. Sure hope so anyway!
They must be pissed that link does not work to a facebook page. :shock:

BatMaule
100+ Posts

Post by BatMaule »

Try the link again. Should work this time.
1983 M6-235
The "BatMaule"

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Facebook doesn't seem very responsive either... I zapped email to the visitor's and convention folks at their website, got this response back almost immediately.. For those interested. :cry:

"Hello Jim! Yes, the Fly-In dates were changed. The person in charge of the Fly-In is Randy Maag (907-835-5724) and you must speak with him and his group about the dates. The Valdez CVB is here to help our members in any way we can, but we do not schedule the events or activities.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let me know."

Janice
Jim

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

:P GOOD NEWS: :P
Just got a letter that the dates have been changed to the 6th - 8th. Nice job on the letters guys.
I also offered to try to get there early on Friday or Thursday evening and do a little volunteering.

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

so its getting very close!
skis came off earlier this week and bushwheels are back on! feels good to be free of the extra couple hundred pounds of wheel skis and winter gear.

i was hoping to get a list started of who is going, who is competing, and when everyone is going.

i am hoping to head that way on friday evening after work. camping on the ramp, and bouncing in 2 landings in front of a couple thousand people.

who else? any M-6 or M-7's this year?????

also, does anyone know what class we will be forced into this year? experimental bush?!!!??
M5-235

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Unfortunately I'm stuck on call that weekend. We lost one of our nurses and I'm having to pick up her weekend. :(
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

MikeW
100+ Posts

Post by MikeW »

I'm out too. Third year in a row I've had to work. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for all of you that go. Have fun!

Mike W.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I will probably get there even if hitch hiking.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

I'd like to go, but depends on WX outlook and how busy I get next week. Stuff coming out of the woodwork as it gets warmer up here and relatively slow winter.....
Jim

BatMaule
100+ Posts

Post by BatMaule »

We're going but probably in the BatPacer and not the BatMaule which is out of annual in three days and not likely to get in/out of the shop by next weekend. In any case, will be camping and bringing good eats and drinks with plenty to share. Still debating whether Friday night or early Sat morning. Hoping for weather like last year!!

Paul
1983 M6-235
The "BatMaule"

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Im in! Me and Mrs. YM leaving Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone too. 8)