Minnesota Camping Event

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Genedotson

Minnesota Camping Event

Post by Genedotson »

Hi All;

May be a little early on posting this event, but maybe some would like to put it on their summer calendars. July 1st to July 4th, But feel free to come earlier. I usually get there on Tuesday.

During the weekend of July 4, Starbuck, Minnesota (D32) hosts a fly-in/campout in conjunction with the local Heritage Day celebration. They welcome all to fly in and camp under your wing at the beautiful 2500x200 foot airstrip. Airport facilities include a very modern AD building with restroom and shower facilities, kitchen and lounge facilities. Lake Minnewaska is located across the road from the airport with swimming and beach facilities. A restaurant is located on the water's edge with full meals and all beverages. Floatplanes are welcome at the beach area.

Village of Starbuck is about a 3/4 mile walk or bike ride north of the airport with restaurants and coffee shops and stores. Very scenic area on 7700 acre Lake Minnewaska. Located in west central Minnesots about 110 miles west/northwest of twin cities on the T-C sectional. D32

I have been attending this campout for more than 20 years and always have a very good time here. The local people are very friendly and aviation oriented. We have typically had 18 to 25 airplanes camping plus some local RV units. Pancake breakfast on Saturday usually serves more than 1200 breakfasts.

I will post more information as the time comes. PM me if you would like more info. Sure would like to see a flock of Maules there.

Did I mention floatplanes are welcome???

Gene Dotson,,, De Graff, Ohio
Gene Dotson

1977 Maule M5-210C

SkyMaule
100+ Posts

Post by SkyMaule »

Looks like a fun event. I have flown over before. We will be in Idaho so will not be able to attend. I'll let the North Dakota Pilots association know about it.

Mark
1975 Maule M5-210C

Genedotson

Post by Genedotson »

Hi All;

Thought I better bump this back to the top. Only 2 more weeks for the Minnesota campout. Doing the annual on the Maule right now and plan to leave June 30 or July 1 and come home on the 5th.

Hope to see some of you there.

Gene
Gene Dotson

1977 Maule M5-210C