Spring Utah Fly-in

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
RobBurson
100+ Posts

Spring Utah Fly-in

Post by RobBurson »

From BCP site.
http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/v ... 920#p61746

Alright, I just got off the phone with Rod Tangren, owner Caveman Ranch/Tangri-la(UT68). He would like to host a spring fly-in at the ranch. Some of you guys have expressed an interest in having a spring Utah fly-in, so maybe this will make a nice package.

This is a great spot, exc. dirt strip with a lot of backcountry strips nearby, and some incredible scenery if you haven't been there before. 100LL is available at Canyonlands airport, which is about 20mi. away. It is also adjoining the Colorado river, incase you would like to take a dip.

We picked the dates to be April 30-May 2, with the following weekend being the alternate if necessary. We picked this time with the idea that if spring winds are an issue, hopefully by then, they will have subsided. Much later than that, it gets pretty hot there. If you want to show up early, and/or stay later, no problem.

Rod is planning on having bathrooms and showers operational by then. He will have water and ice available. He will have the kitchen in the lodge available if you want to use his stuff for b'fast. Also has BBQ grills for cooking in the evenings

He will do a steak dinner one night(possably more)if anyone is interested. I would cook a group b'fast if enough would prefer that. He will have firewood for campfires. There are horse shoe pits, and a ball field. Pool/foosball table in the lodge. The lodge has plenty of tables and chairs and couches. It also has a nice outdoor patio for cooking and visiting in the evening.

He would like $10/night for tent camping. $30/night for a room. I think there are 3 bedrooms in the lodge, and another 9 private rooms that he is in the process of remodeling. Rooms would be available on a first come, first serve basis.

There is a release form that needs to be filled out in advance.

So, there ya go, anybody wanna come out and play :D

I'M in!

Cheers...Rob

JLB

Utah fly in

Post by JLB »

Rob,
I was hoping to plan a Utah trip for late spring this year so the timing looks perfect. I'd like to go.

John

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Anybody else coming?

marymac

Post by marymac »

Conflicting dates for me. Next time I want to go!

That is the weekend of the trade show in Anchorage and the next weekend is Valdez Fly-in.

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

RobBurson wrote:Anybody else coming?
might be coming Rob.... depends on work... If I do I'll leave on Thursday morning...for a early aft arrival at Tangrila. be good to see you and Gary again... been a year I think, or close to it.
Iceman

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Getting close.

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

RobBurson wrote:Getting close.
That looks like a cool place and strip. How was it?
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

I wish I was there. Looks beautiful - so does your Maule!!
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org